We had a good weekend celebrating. It started Saturday morning at the Tifton park for his party. I chose to have the party at the park because it is his favorite place to go. He loves Mickey Mouse, so it was a no brainer to throw him a Mickey Mouse themed party. I was worried about it being too hot, so I planned his party from 10-12 on June 7th (the day before his actual birthday.) We got up super early that day so we could get everything ready. Thankfully, I had a lot of help! My mama came over and kept Sumner and Anna Ruth while Matthew, his parents, and I went to the park to set up. In the meantime, my daddy picked up the cake and cookies from Mrs. Lynn in Funston.
Thankfully, I didn't have to spend a lot of money on decorating this year because I stored everything from last year, and incorporated it into the theme this year. In fact, the only new things I had were two yellow table cloths, yellow paper lanterns, yellow balloons, yellow napkins, yellow streamers, forks, and plates, and a happy birthday banner. A friend let me borrow her adorable Mickey Mouse grapevine wreath and Matthew's aunt let me borrow her over sized stuffed Mickey and Minnie. Matthew's mama got some white roll out paper from her work that we used to cover the other tables and I cut red, blue, and yellow circles out of construction paper and taped them to the white paper (it turned out so cute.) Sumner, of course, has a lot of Mickey toys and stuffed animals that I also placed around to decorate.
I found his invitations on Etsy. They were on sale and I got Staples to print them.
Sumner had a good turn out. His guests included:
- DD, Papa, Walter
- Poppie, YaYa
- Uncle Dwight and Aunt Carol
- Uncle David and Grandma
- Aunt Mary Beth and Uncle Ronnie
- Josh, Angel, Tyler, and Avery
- Chad, Hannah, Caroline, and Ben
- Jarrod, Mandy, Maggie Claire, and Mollie
- Chase, Kendal, and Cranford,
- Ashley, Allie, and Ansley
- Pam and Charleigh
- Sully
- Aunt Mary Sumner
Sumner had a good time, but he wasn't feeling 100% and it showed. He still was a trooper and played hard!
He got lots of cool presents like cars, trucks, Mickey Mouse stuff, learning games, money for his savings account, and best of all a John Deere gator!
After his party, Sumner got to go eat at Racheros with his his grandparents! Afterwards we came back to the house and gave Sumner the gator. To my surprise, he could drive it all by himself. The box says 3+ years, but I had a lot of people tell me he would be big enough for it now and they were right! Sumner didn't get a nap so in the middle of eating his supper he fell asleep for about 10 minutes. This turned out to be a power nap because he was a ball of energy after we woke him up!
His actual birthday is June 8th, which fell on a Sunday this year! The morning of his birthday he woke up in a great mood!
He remembered his gator right away, so we went outside first thing! He drove to Poppie and YaYa's house all by himself with Matthew, Anna Ruth, and I following behind him. When we got back home, I made him some Mickey Mouse pancakes! Growing up my mama always fixed me something special on my birthday so I wanted to continue the tradition for him! After breakfast we went to church and Sumner got to play with his friends in the nursery! Later that afternoon, when Sumner got up from his nap, he wanted to ride the gator again. We went back to the evening service at church, stopped by to visit Uncle David and Grandma after church, came home, ate supper, got a bath, and read bedtime stories. It really was a special day!
Dear Sumner,
Happy Birthday! I cannot believe you are two years old! Where did the time go? Your daddy and I were talking today about how many more years we thought we would have with you still being "childlike" and wanting/enjoying to be with us. I pray you will be the kind of child who loves us and respects us and wants to be with us no matter how old you are. You are already growing up too fast! I am thankful to see you growing and learning, but at the same time, I want you to stay little. Today, I was looking at pictures from when you were born, and I told your daddy I wish I could go back to the day you were born and start over. If I could, I would in a heartbeat! My life was turned upside down when you came into this world. Gone were the days of sleeping late, taking naps, doing what I wanted/when I wanted, going places without packing up the whole house, buying things for myself, and the lists goes on and on and on. But I can say with 100% certainty that I wouldn't have it any other way! You have brought meaning and purpose into my life and you make your daddy and I want to be better people. We love you more than you will ever know and pray for God's protection and direction for your life. Happy Birthday!!!!! I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!!!!
Love,
Mama




No comments:
Post a Comment