I went see Dr. Jordan Wednesday, October 9th at 4:15. I was 28 weeks and 5 days pregnant. It was just a routine check-up (weight, urine, blood pressure) and everything looked great. The nurse asked me in her series of routine questions had I been having any back pain or stomach cramps. I told her that I had been having some off and on but I was sure they were just Braxton Hicks Contractions. Well, since I had gone into preterm labor with Sumner, Dr. Jordan wanted to be on the safe side and send me to the hospital to get checked on the monitor (there goes another $500!)
So, off to the hospital Matthew and I went. They hooked me up for a little over an hour and nothing showed up. They also checked my cervix and everything was perfect. Lastly, they sent me for an ultrasound and the baby scored an 8 out of 8... Perfect! They told me everything measured exactly as it should and that she weighed 2 pounds 9 ounces. Praise God! What better news to hear? So, just as I suspected, Braxton Hicks and nothing more! We left the hospital around 8:00 feeling good knowing our little girl is growing strong and healthy.
I go back to Dr. Jordan in two weeks and around 35 weeks I will start going every week. I am going to have a 4-D ultrasound October 26th, too, just for fun! We are very excited about that!
How am I feeling?
What a difference a month can make! Last month I was just beginning to really show my baby bump. Now all of a sudden I look like I am ready to pop and feel that way as well. Between my lower back aching, my sciatic nerve pinching, and the constant urinating, sleeping has become a problem. Poor Matthew has found permanent bedding on our couch because he was tired of getting kicked out of the bed every night! I gained two pounds since my last. I am trying to stay as active as I can but it is hard carrying the extra weight + a one year old. I can definitely tell the difference between being pregnant with you first child and being pregnant with your second. When I was pregnant with Sumner I could come home from work and sleep off my exhaustion. With Sumner if my sciatic nerve was bothering me I could sit and rest. Not this time around. Sumner doesn't stop just because I am worn out. People tell me ask for help when I need it but I don't need it that bad. I feel like I don't get to spend enough time with him as it is so I sure don't wanna sleep or let someone else keep him during the precious hours of the day I get to be home with him!
Even with the aches, pains, and weigh gain,I am NOT complaining because I KNOW it will all be worth it once she gets here. I smile and love the feeling when I feel her kicking and squirming around. Being pregnant is a gift from God. I am grateful for the miracle God has given me... Not once, but twice! I am truly blessed and I thank God for my blessings each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment