Verse

Verse

Thursday, September 12, 2013

15 Months Old

In the past month Sumner has developed a lot of new words, "Champ" being his favorite word to say!  He continues to surprise me at how observant he is.  He does things on a daily basis that no one has ever purposefully taught him. Instead, he learned by seeing us do it.  For example, he puts his shoes away in his drawer when he sees them laying out.  He reaches for a coaster to put his sippy cup on when he is done drinking.  He takes the washcloth away from me and tries to bathe himself (he even tries to put the soap on the washcloth himself.)  His favorite toy BY far is this cheap bucket I bought for him when we went to the beach.  He takes that thing around with him everywhere!  His little temperament is beginning to shine as well     :(   We are having to work VERY hard at teaching him he can't act ugly when things do not go his way...  Since I have been back to work, he has started only taking one nap a day.  I am not sure he is ready for only one nap a day yet because by 5:00 he is ill and has started going to bed earlier again.  But, the reason he is only getting one nap is because Matthew's dad "Poppie" comes and gets him everyday around 9 and takes him riding the golf cart, to visit his grandma, to play at his house, feed the chickens and fish, and who knows what else.  He doesn't bring Sumner back home until 12:00 and by then it is time for him to eat lunch.  After lunch he is exhausted after such a busy morning that he crashes and sleeps until about 2:30.  Well, by then, he isn't ready for another nap until close to bedtime.  I don't trade the time Sumner spends with his Poppie for the world though because Sumner loves it SO much!  He waits for Poppie every morning and gets so excited when he hears or sees him.  It makes me feel better during the day knowing he gets to spend several hours a day outside and playing with his grandfather.  Times like that are precious.
Sumner went to Orlando this past month and we had a lot of fun.  He did get kind of ill (riding and being confined isn't his idea of fun), but all and all we had a good mini-vacation.  Sumner got his second tooth this month (bottom) and is beginning to get another one on top.  Thankfully, teething hasn't been a too bad on him.  He is wearing size 4 diapers and size 18 month clothes.  He drinks about 24 oz of milk a day (4 sippy cups with 6 oz in each cup) and water in between milk.  He loves fruits and veggies which is basically all he eats.  He is such a good eater! Sumner changed bedrooms this month, too, so his sister could have his old room.  The change didn't seem to bother him at all!

We went for Sumner's 15 month wellness visit on September 10th and everything went perfect.  He was 31 inches tall and weighed 24 pounds. Dr. Griffin was very pleased at all of the milestones he mas met for his age.  He had to get two shots.  They wanted to do four but I told them I would being him back at a later date for the other two.  I can't believe the next time we go for Sumner's wellness visit his little sister will either be here, or be here in just a few days.   It seems like we just went for his 12 month.  I hope the next three months fly by like the past three did!

Dear Sumner,
I know I say this every month but I just cannot tell you enough how much my love for you grows each and every day.  I struggle every morning when I have to leave you, and think about you all day when I am away.  You are so much fun and keep us entertained.  Your hugs are kisses are the sweetest thing I have ever experienced and I pray you never want to stop giving them to me! I tell God all the time "thank you for letting me be Sumner's mama!" You are such a blessing to me and everyone you meet! I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Mama








No comments:

Post a Comment