About the appointment: I went for my 24 week check-up September 10th. This was the first appointment that I did not get an ultrasound, which was disappointing. However, I did get to hear the heartbeat (152 bpm) and Dr. Jordan measured my stomach. He said mama and baby appeared to be healthy and he would see me again in four weeks. I also had to take the glucose test at this visit, which I did not pass. The cut off score was 130 and I scored 148. The nurse told me my score probably had to do with what I ate a couple hours earlier at lunch, and with a score of 148, I would more than likely pass the 3 hour test which I took the next day, and did in fact pass, praise God!
How is mama feeling? Feeling great! I am still trying to stay active and exercise which I hope will help me feel good through the next 15 weeks! I can't believe our baby girl will be here in 15 weeks! My back has finally stopped aching over the past few weeks, for which I am thankful. My baby bump is really growing. I feel like I am showing a lot more at this stage of my pregnancy than I did with Sumner at this same time. Maybe its the difference in gender, or maybe it is these ridiculous cravings I have for desserts! I have never been a big dessert eater, but in the past few weeks I am craving chocolate cake, ice cream, brownies, and everything in between! I gained 3 lbs since my last visit. The crazy thing is the last 2 lbs seriously appeared in the past week bringing my total to 10 lbs so far.
Baby info: Our sweet little girl is really getting active. I feel her on a pretty regular basis now. However, she does not kick, roll, and jab nearly as much as her big brother did at this stage in my pregnancy. Maybe this means she will have a calmer personality than Sumner aka wild child! I feel her mostly at night when I am still or right after I eat or drink.
We are thankful for a good report and continue to pray for her development. Her due date can't come soon enough so I can see with my own two eyes that she is healthy and meet my sweet daughter!

No comments:
Post a Comment