Verse

Verse

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sumner's Birthday PARTIES

Sumner was fortunate enough to have two birthday parties.  One on his actual birthday at our house with his mama, daddy, gammie, poppie, dd, and papa.  We ordered pizza and had cake. 

Sumner's second birthday party was the one I have been planning since Thanksgiving!  He had a Little Red Wagon Themed Party and it turned out better that I expected.  We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and had baked beans, corn salad, potato salad, and chips.  For dessert we had cake, ice cream, and watermelon. 
 
For decorations, I bought a red wagon party package from Dimple Prints and had Mashburn printing print it all out.  It had EVERYTHING you could think of for a birthday party including banners, water labels, and party hats.  I put all the stuff together the week before his party. I also bought pin wheels from Dollar General, those lantern/ball things to hang from the trees from Da Maxx in Moultrie, and the cute tiki/candle things from Dollar General.  I used burlap, bandanas, and straw hats filled with flowers for the tables.  I borrowed red wagons from friends to use as decorations around the yard. I even used one wagon as an ice chest and filled it will glass bottle drinks and bottled water.  We also had a big pitcher of lemonade.  For his birthday present, he got an All-Terrain Red Wagon and we used it to put the gifts in.  For party favors I had Lynn Humphrey make the cutest red wagon iced cookies.  She also made his birthday cake and smash cake! She did a FABULOUS job! 
 
We had a really nice time! The highlight of the party was at the end when Sumner opened his very last present.  It was a shirt announcing he would be a big brother in December!  Jayna Johnson made it for him and it had a Christmas stocking on it symbolizing the new baby would be here just in time for Christmas.  I got in a bigger size so he can wear it in December. I am going to have another one made for the new baby so they can match! 
 
The only negative thing I have to say about the party is that it was so big and was so much work, that the week before it I felt like I didn't get to see Sumner much at all because I was too busy getting everything together.  Even at his party, everything was so busy that I didn't get to spend much time with him because I was taking care of everything else.  Lesson learned= smaller is better! I don't need to feel the pressure of having anymore "Pinterest Parties" because out of the two parties, I know I enjoyed the simple one the best!  But, hey! My baby boy will only turn one once, right?

















 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment