The secret is out! Matthew and I are having another baby! Everyone keeps asking me if we had planned to have them so close together and the answer is actually YES! We both knew we wanted to have our children close together. I know it will be tough at the beginning, but the benefits will pay off in the long run in my opinion. We originally talked about having them around 2 years apart. So, when we decided to start "trying" or in other words "not preventing" we had NO idea it would happen right away. But, I believe with all my heart God has a plan and this is his plan.
The day I found out and told Matthew is even more unromantic than the last time... I have absolutely no patients whatsoever so when I realized my period was late, I couldn't wait another minute to take a test. I am almost embarrassed to tell this story, but here it goes... The day was Monday, April 22nd. The moment I realized my period was late was about 10:00 that morning. I was at work and I texted Matthew and told him about being late but neither of us really thought it was possible to be pregnant that quick. Well as the day went on my curiosity grew and grew... So on my lunch break I left work and went to the Dollar General down the street and bought a test. I came back and TOOK THE TEST AT WORK! How awful is that! I guess the only reason I did it was because I really didn't think it would be positive. But to my surprise a very faint plus sigh appeared. I was in shock! Then the story gets worse... I took a picture of the test and texted it to Matthew with the caption "Does this look positive?" To make matters worse he texts back and says "Sure does to me." He was with his dad in the car so he couldn't actually talk. As soon as he got away he called me and told me to come home as soon as I could so we could go to the doctor. When I got home we went to Dr. Jordan's office and did a pregnancy test their and they confirmed we were in deed going to have another baby... So a new chapter begins!
 |
| The results! |
 |
| Sumner went with us to verify the pregnancy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment