Verse

Verse

Monday, May 20, 2013

My First Mother's Day


My first Mother’s Day was very special.  Sunday morning at 6:00 am I woke up to Matthew’s alarm clock going off.  He normally hits the snooze button a few times, but not this morning.  Instead he jumped right up and told me not to get up because he had a surprise.  I heard pots and pans in the kitchen so I figured he was going to serve me breakfast in bed.  An hour later he and Sumner came and got me up with kisses and hugs.  He told me the surprise was ready and told me to follow him.  He led me outside and surprised me with new patio furniture and breakfast set up.  He even brought Sumner’s highchair outside and had a bottle and banana ready for him.  For us he made homemade waffles (not EGGO, but waffles with the waffle iron), grits, eggs, and orange juice.  After breakfast he told me he would get Sumner completely ready so I could take my time.  We went to church at Midway in Moultrie with my mama.  I really enjoyed it because we haven’t been to Midway since we changed churches in January.  I loved being back “home” and seeing everyone.  The men of the church prepared a delicious lunch so we stayed for that.  After lunch we went to Camilla to see Matthew’s family.  We got home around 6:00.  Matthew helped me get Sumner ready to bed and then we relaxed until bed time.  It was a very special day filled with lots of love.  I am so blessed to have such a sweet husband to make my first Mother’s Day so special.  I am also blessed to have a healthy, beautiful, energetic, baby boy who loves me unconditionally. 
Breakfast by Matthew


Sumner enjoying his breakfast, too

My heart

Love them both so much

Poppie pulling Sumner on the wagon

No comments:

Post a Comment