Verse

Verse

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

11 Months Old


11 Months Old



            One year ago today, I fell at work and got emitted into the hospital for pre-term labor, and went on bed rest. I honestly cannot believe it has been a year!  I also cannot believe that this time next month Sumner will be one year old!  Words just cannot express how much joy Sumner has brought into my life.  Just this past weekend, Matthew, Sumner, and I spent the weekend at home because the weather kept us from doing anything outside and I was sick. It was the best weekend ever! The three of us played and played.  If someone were to peek at us through the window they would have seen us rolling around on the floor, singing, dancing, playing chase, and basically just acting cheesy!  Sumner is at the age where his personality is really developing. 
 (cheesy moments)
            This past month we celebrated my mama’s birthday, went shopping in Valdosta with DD, and had a cook out with some of our friends!  Sumner started eating breakfast this month.  Usually his breakfast just consists of fruit.  He has gotten very good at feeding himself, too.  He doesn’t eat baby food at all.  He is such a good eater!  He eats lots of fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the day.  So far, he likes anything I put in front of him.  He is doing great with his sippy cup!  I have been replacing his afternoon bottle with a sippy cup every day so he will be completely off the bottle next month.  Recently he has started showing affection! He hugs on me all the time and I love it.  He actually lets me hold him as long as I am standing and he lays his head down on my shoulder.  He loves it when we put pillows on the floor so he can collapse on them and hug them too.  He has this oversized white bunny with floppy ears that is very soft that he loves.  He hugs on it, too.  His two favorite games are peek-a-boo and tag.  He imitates the games himself all the time. He is getting into everything!  This month he broke two of the childproof locks in our kitchen and wants to climb on everything!  I envision many bumps and bruises in the near future…
 (loving the pillows)

            How is Sumner growing? He has just about outgrown size 3 diapers.  I am still using them for right now because I have them, but next time I buy some, they will have to be size 4!  He wears 12-18 month clothes.  However, some of these things are pretty snug (probably because of his sweet tummy that pokes out so much.) He eats three meals a day and has three bottles a day.  Each bottle is about 8 ounces.  He drinks water from a sippy cup throughout the day as well. 
That belly!
            Sumner’s schedule has changed a little because he eats breakfast now.  A typical day goes something like this:

7:00 Wake up and have morning bottle
8:00 Breakfast
9:00 Morning nap
11:30 Lunch
1:00 Afternoon nap
3:00 Afternoon bottle
5:00 Supper and bath
7:30 Evening bottle and bedtime

Dear Sumner,
I want to start off by saying I love you so much!  The past eleven months have been very special to me.  I just wish I could go back and re-live them because time is passing so quickly.  You are the most beautiful and sweet baby I have ever known.  You are perfect to me.  I thank God for you every single day.  I cannot wait to see what exciting things God has planned for your life.
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment