Verse

Verse

Friday, January 4, 2013

Thank you, Lord!

I got sick with a terrible virus or flu or something this week.  I promise, I do not remember ever feeling that bad in my life.  I had an upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, body aches, chills, and fever. I took Tamiful just in case...
My mama came over and watched Sumner for me the first day and took him to her house on the second day.  I missed him so much!  But, more than missing him, I was SCARED he was going to catch what I had. I couldn't stand thinking about Sumner feeling bad like I felt.  And even worse, I couldn't stand thinking about him vomiting.  I am 27 years old, and throwing up scares me.  I hate it!  To think about him throwing up like that.... I just can't think about it...
So, I prayed and prayed and prayed that God would keep him from getting sick.  I promised God that if he would keep him healthy I would give him all of the praise and the glory for it, which I am doing now.  As contagious as it is, and as much loving on Sumner I did the day I got sick (before I knew I was sick), the only way to explain why he didn't catch it was because God answered my prayers.  I am so THANKFUL to him that Sumner hasn't caught it.

Dear Lord,
Thank you so much for protecting Sumner from catching whatever I had.  Thank you for helping me to get better, too.  I know one day, Sumner will get sick, and I pray you will help me take care of him and comfort him the best I can.  Thank you for all of your many blessings! I love you! Amen

Update: Saturday, at Norah Kate Thompson's birthday party, Sumner started showing symptoms of the virus.  He has had diarrhea since then.  I have stayed home from work the past two days, but today he has been diarrhea free *fingers crossed*.  I am still thankful because even though he did catch the virus, he never had a fever, never threw up, and never acted as if he felt bad.  He just had very watery stools and wouldn't eat and drink.   

No comments:

Post a Comment