Verse

Verse

Friday, January 4, 2013

Bad Day, or a Hidden Miracle?

So, today was my last "real" day of Christmas break. When I say real day, weekends don't count :) So anyway, I hadn't planned on it going the way it did!  I got stuck at home with no phone, no TV  and for half the day, no Internet.
Somehow I managed to misplace my phone first thing this morning and spent the rest of the day frantically searching for it.  I was too afraid to drive anywhere without it... Sad, right?  People use to make it perfectly fine without cell phones, but ever since I have been able to drive, I have had one.  And believe me, with my goofy tail, I have needed it! Needless to say I don't feel safe driving too far without it, especially with Sumner in the car.  So,  I decided to stay put!
I am ashamed to admit that at first I was ill about not having all my luxuries... then it hit me... Maybe misplacing my cell phone and having the Internet/TV stop working were really a blessing in disguise.  First of all, I truly believe God protects us from accidents by causing us to be a few minutes late, or get stopped by a train, or hit every red light.  Maybe today, God was protecting Sumner and I from an accident by keeping us both home.  As far as the TV and cell phones go, I spent a lot more quality time with Sumner not having those distractions than I would have if they had been working.  However, for my defense, I don't get much internet, phone, and TV time when Sumner is awake anyway, which is FINE BY ME, because nothing is as wonderful is time with him.  But, when I reflect on today, it really was nice to just have a peaceful day with no distractions to hinder our time together.
Sumner has never been a "snuggle bug!" But out of nowhere today when we were sitting on the couch playing, he reached over wanting me to hold him.  When I did, he laid his head on my shoulder, and I promise it felt like he was hugging me, and went right to sleep.  This happened BEFORE I lost my phone, which is really WHY I lost it.  I was so happy to have my sweet baby snuggling with me that I didn't want anything to stop it so I tuned my cell phone on silent!  Then, I sat there still as could be, until he finished his nap.  It was so sweet!  Sometime after he woke up I must have carried my phone to my room, and made up my bed with it under the sheets.  I finally found it somewhere around 6:00! By the way, he also took another nap on my shoulder that afternoon!!!! :) :) :)
When Matthew got home he fixed the TV and Internet.  I must have unplugged something when I was searching for my phone... oops! Who cares? It was all in God's plan for Sumner and I to have a special, safe, happy, sentimental, memorable, fantastic, sweet, loving, playful, and BEST LAST DAY OF CHRISTMAS BREAK EVER!!!!

Dear Lord, 
Thank you for keeping Sumner and I safe today. Also, thank you for allowing us to have such a special day together.  I will remember this day for the rest of my life.  No reason in particular, but somehow the time we spent together really touched my heart.  Please continue to watch over us and help us to always remember you have a plan and a purpose for every aspect of our lives.  I love you. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment