Sumner is on the downhill side his first year! I've already started thinking about his first party! I know it seems soon, but I hate to wait until the last minute, and to be honest... I am just excited! This month feels like I blinked and it was gone. I guess because it was so busy with Christmas. It was a good month because I got to spend a lot of extra time with him because I was off for Christmas holidays. I love the age he is at right now. He is so loving and playful and hasn’t hit the age of temper tantrums! I am really enjoying every minute of being his mommy. Here are some things he has been up to...
We lowered Sumner's crib mattress. One day when I looked at his video monitor I was able to see different parts of his room soaring by. This happened because Sumner had managed to get a grip on the camera, pulled it down, and was swinging it all around. How dangerous! I am so glad the first time he did it was during the day when I could catch him.
Sumner started eating baby food December 17th. He gets it once a day, for supper. I have not bought him a high chair yet because I have been so indecisive. He has a Bumbo with a tray so he is using it for now. He sat in a real high chair at Pizza Hut. You could tell he really liked it because he was able to play and see everything. He doesn’t like to miss anything!
Not only does he recognize familiar people, he also recognizes familiar animals. We have a lab, Champ. My mama has a dog, Sophie. My brother has a dog, Penny. Sumner has been around them all of his life, but in the past month, he has started showing an interest in them. When he sees them, even from a distance he laughs and laughs. We let Champ stay in the laundry room occasionally If Sumner spots him from the living room he squeals with delight. It is so sweet. However, he doesn't like all animals. We went to my Aunt Connie’s house over Christmas break to see my cousins. She has a small dog, too. We were on the floor playing and when her dog walked by Sumner froze, then his face turned red, and he screamed! I picked him up as fast as I could to comfort him and when I did he had the biggest tears I had ever seen. He was terrified. My aunt put her dog up so she wouldn't scare Sumner anymore, but somehow she got out. As soon as Sumner spotted her, he reacted the same way. It was the craziest thing because he loves our dogs!
Sumner has a new game he likes to play… Peek-a-boo! He loves it! We play it all the time. He likes it best when his face is covered up
and you say “Where’s Sumner? There he is!” He will laugh and laugh and
laugh. My mama taught him the game when she spent the week with us while Matthew was in Kansas hunting. We had the best time that week and made a lot of special memories!
Sumner isn't crawling yet, but he is getting close. He gets on all fours and rocks! He rocks and
rocks and rocks. He has recently started
raising one arm when he is in this position and moving it forward. I don’t think it will be long before figures
it out, and when he does….Oh my goodness! He is so cute in the mornings when he
wakes up. When I go in his room he is in
the crawling position, rocking, and peeking through the rails on his bed
looking at the door (he knows what direction we come from.) As soon as he sees
me he laughs and squeals! So sweet!
Another sweet thing he has started doing is reaching for me without me reaching
for him first. I love it when we are
playing on the floor and he turns around, grabs me, and tries to pull up on
me. It makes me feel so loved.
-Size
3 diapers
-Shoe
size is between a 3 and a 4 depending on the brand
-Solid
food once a day (supper)
-7
ounces Elecare every 4 hours
-3
naps a day
-Sleeps
from about 7:30 pm-7:30 am WITHOUT WAKING UP!!!!
-Clothing
size 9-12 months (some of 9 month things are getting snug)
Schedule:
*7:30-8:30 Wake up, change diaper, bottle
*Stays awake about 1 1/2 hours then ready for a nap (usually
between 1-1/2 hours long)
*Play after nap for about an hour
*Four hours after first bottle he is ready for second bottle
*Around 12:30 or so he is ready for his second nap (usually
between 1-1/2 hours long)
*Play when he wakes up. Some days his Poppy will come get
him to ride the golf cart for a while.
*Four hours after second bottle he is ready for third bottle
*He is ready for a third nap around 4:30 or 5:00 (usually about
1-1/2 hours long)
*Play until dinner time (solids.) We try to make it work out where
we all eat together. Even when it doesn't work out, we still put him at
the table with us when we eat.
*Play until bath time.
*7:00 Bath time, pjs, prayers, bottle, night-night!
I know this schedule will
be different next month because he will probably be eating three solid meals a
day and only have three bottles. By the way, I introduced the sippy cup
January 6th because the Almanac said it was the right time and he did very
good. I am going to see if I can start trading out his bottles one
feeding at a time with the sippy cup!
We have had a wonderful month. God has truly blessed my family, and for that
I am thankful. I wonder what he will be
up to next month…?
Other Events This Month
![]() |
| New Year's Eve |
![]() |
| Playing with the bath toys Santa brought |
![]() |
| Norah Kate's first birthday party |
![]() |
| Sweet potatoes |
Painting at the Clay Spot in Albany
Dear Sumner,
You are beginning to be so
much fun! I love playing with you and hearing you laugh. It really is the sweetest sound in the
world. You are so smart and so
strong. I am amazed at how much you have
changed just in the past month. I have a
feeling you are about to start keeping your daddy and I very busy! I look forward to everything that it about to
start happening. I love you sweet boy!
You are the best son in the world. I am
lucky to call you mine! I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and
more and more and more!
Love,
Mama
Mama









No comments:
Post a Comment