I went back to work on November 5th. I worked two full weeks and had one week off for Thanksgiving break! It was FANTASTIC! I spent a lot of quality time with my family! My mama was also off from work, so she came over Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and hung out with Sumner and I while Matthew worked. We had a lot of fun. Monday, I took Sumner to the doctor because he had been very fussy the past few days. He had a cold, too, so I wanted to make sure he was healthy, and that he didn't have any underlying issues causing his fussiness. She checked his ears. throat, nose, and mouth and said everything looked perfect. She also said he didn't appear to have any teeth trying to break through. She told me his fussiness was probably due to his lack of naps and I needed to teach him how to nap (I will blog about this experience later!) Mama met us and we went to Walmart to get our Thanksgiving groceries after we left the doctor's office. While we were there she bought him a new toy. He has sort of outgrown some of his other toys (he is getting bored by them.) It is a blue dinosaur that has the balls that bounce around and slide down its mouth onto the floor. When Sumner played with it the first time he just liked to see the balls bounce and hear the music. He couldn't get a good grip on the balls. But, by the end of the day, he was able to pick them up and hold on tight! It won't be long and he will be throwing them back in. After we left Walmart, we went back home and relaxed the rest of the afternoon. She ended up spending the night with us that night, too, which was fun! It was actually Matthew's idea for her to stay! He said there wasn't a need for her to drive home and turn around and drive right back in the morning (he is the best!)
 |
| His toy |
Tuesday was also very nice! When Sumner woke up mama took care of him which gave me a chance to sleep in (which is something I haven't done since he has been born). The two of us watched Hallmark movies and played with Sumner all day!
 |
| DeDe |
Wednesday, my brother was coming home from Athens, and he wanted to see Sumner. So, mama came over about lunchtime. We took her car to the shop to get the oil changed, and thought about going to the Agrirama while it was getting done. But, instead, we went to downtown Tifton and window shopped. Honestly, we were on a hunt for iced cookies! We both had a craving so I told her The Bakery probably had them. We parked and strolled Sumner on the sidewalk. We stopped in a lot of the stores before making it to The Bakery. They did not have the kind we were looking for, so we tried some of the other shops.... Cakes By Audrey, Giggles, and a new place called Oh My Goodies. No one had what we were looking for. Finally, we tried Publix bakery, and they didn't have them either. It obviously wasn't meant to be! Walter got to my house about 4:00 and they stayed until Matthew got home around 7.
Thursday, Turkey Day, Matthew made pancakes for breakfast! Then, we left headed towards Camilla to have Thanksgiving lunch at his Aunt MaryBeth and Uncle Ronnie's house. We stopped in Moultrie on the way so my daddy could see Sumner. We had a nice afternoon with the Palmer clan! I ate way too much! Sumner did so good. I was a little worried he would get fussy not being at his home and not being able to take a nap in his crib. We took the stroller with us so Mr. Charles strolled him around the yard and he fell asleep in no time. He slept about 45 minutes in the stroller. He also napped everytime we drove. We left Matthew's aunt's house around 4:30 and went to my Aunt Linda's house in Moultrie. We always have a big crowd there on Thanksgiving and its always a lot of fun. By the time we arrived, most everyone had left. We had planned on going to see the lights on the square but decided against it because it is always so crowded and it was getting cold. Instead, we stayed at my aunt's house until about 8:00. Sumner had the best time playing with his cousins. He didn't get fussy at all. We got home around 9:00 and I gave him a bath. He got his second wind after that and we played some more. He went to bed around 10:00!
 |
| Palmer Family |
 |
| Pops |
 |
| Cousins |
 |
| Pooped out after an exciting day! |
 |
| His bath gave him a second wind! |
Matthew was off from work on Friday so we spent the day together. Mr. Charles came over around 1:00 and got Sumner and walked him around the yard and rode him on the golf cart. I am not sure who likes it more, Sumner or Mr. Charles. It is so sweet. We grilled steaks with our friends that night and made wassle! Maggie Claire and Norah Kate came, too, and Sumner had a blast. He was trying just as hard as he could to get to them. I believe if they were here all the time, he would be crawling already. Usually, Sumner goes to bed around 7:30 (despite my efforts to keep him up later.) But, that night, he stayed up until they left, and never fussed! Its so funny how our group gatherings have changed over the past five years!
 |
| Friends |
 |
| Whitney fed him so I could eat |
 |
| Sumner and Maggie Claire |
We went to Tyler's 7th birthday party on Saturday. It was a nerf gun party and the park in Tifton. It was cold outside so we didn't stay for long. Sumner fell asleep on the ride over and slept for about 30 minutes when we first arrived. When he woke up and saw all the kids he smiled so big. Jessi played with him the whole time and he loved that!
 |
| Sumner loves Jessi |
Saturday night my daddy and mama came over so my daddy could help us put up our outdoor decorations. We decided to grill steaks and asked Matthew's parents to come over, too! We had a lot of fun socializing, watching football, and of course, playing with Sumner! He stole the show as usual! My daddy gave him his evening bath and Mrs. Latrelle gave him his nighttime bottle and rocked him to sleep.




So, now that my Thanksgiving break is winding down I feel a little down myself. I don't like being such a pessimist but I cant help but think about how one of Sumner's "firsts" has already come and gone. I also can't help but be sad about going back to work... Even though I know once I get there, I will be fine! I just love being with Sumner. When I think about how much he changed over the past week, it makes me sad to know all the things I miss being away from him during the day! But, I have to think about the positives! I had a whole week off, Christmas break with be here soon, and I have a fantastic sitter! God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment