
Some sweet new things he has started is showing me that he truly recognizes me and wants me! For instance, when he is in his swing and I walk by he starts kicking his legs and smiling. Then, when I walk to him to get him out he knows what is going on. He will try his best to lift up his shoulders and sit up. He has even started slightly reaching his arms out for me to pick him up! Also, when I hold him he buries his head into my chest and wraps his arms around me. I know he isn't truly hugging me, but its a nice beginner hug! :)
Sumner is also making new sounds! He has found his voice, that's for sure! At the beginning of the month he started "spitting". He would pierce his lips together and make the sound! He thought it was so funny. Next, he learned to make his voice sound like he was "hoarse". He would squeal out and sound as if he was loosing his voice. And last, in the past few days he learned to fake cough! At first I was concerned he was sick but it was happening WAY to much and he would smile afterward. Now he spends a majority of the day doing it. Especially when he wants to get your attention.
He is getting so smart! He likes it when we play peek-a-boo, creepy mouse, and ride a little horsey! He knows when the "boo" part of peek-a-boo is about to happen. He knows when creepy mouse is about to come to his house (he will laugh out even if I don't say it when its time to say it). He even knows when the horsey is suppose to fall down! :)
I have not started feeding him baby food yet. I am trying to wait until he shows an interest. I don't think it will be long, though. Last week we went and ate at Cracker Barrel. He got fussy just as the waitress brought our food out so I picked him up and tried to eat with him in my lap. He would follow the fork as I brought it from the plate to my mouth. He did the same thing the next day when I was eating peanut butter. Except this time he opened his mouth when I put the spoon in mine. As far as his bottle goes, he drinks about five ounces every three hours during the day. He is still on the Elecare mixed with whole grain rice cereal (for reflux).
After we ate at Cracker Barrel and Sumner wanted my food!
His sleeping hasn't changed much. I am still struggling to get him to take good naps. On a good day he will take three good naps, each one lasting about one hour. The first around 10:00, the second around 1:00, and the last one about 4:00. However, some days he may not sleep but 45 minutes total!!! If I am really desperate, I put him outside on our screened porch and leave the doors open and he will fall asleep. He isn't consistently sleeping all night either. It has gotten better since he started rolling to his stomach, though. He goes to sleep around 7 and wakes up around 7 the next morning. If he does wake up, it usually between 2:00-3:00. I feed him, change him, and he goes right back to sleep!
I weighed him last week and he weighed 18 lbs. I was surprised he hadn't gained very much since his last appointment. I do think he has gotten longer, though. He wears 6-9 month clothes and size three diapers. We adjusted his car seat straps last week, too. They are on the highest level!
In the past month he has been to Rutland's Pumpkin Patch and two birthday parties. His very first birthday was for Matthew's childhood friend's daughter, Sully Smith. It was in Moultrie and we had a lot of fun.
The second party he went to was for our best friend's daughter, Maggie Claire Roberts. They had a hay ride and a bounce house. We had a good time at her party, too!
Sumner also celebrated his first Halloween. Well, he didn't really celebrate... Halloween was on a Wednesday so he went to church. But, his teacher at church gave him a Halloween present and so did his friend, Carson Summerlin. His cousin, Brooks, let him borrow his old costume so I dressed him in it just long enough to take his picture.
We still enjoy our afternoon walks with his daddy, too! :) Sumner L-O-V-E-S being outside! I am scared of what is going to happen when it is too cold to take him out...He is also starting to notice our dog, Champ! Champ already loves him and I think Sumner is developing a love for him as well!
Also in the past month, Mrs. Zeigler aka MiMi started keeping him during the day when I had to work. She is absolutely a blessing! We are lucky to have found someone like her.












No comments:
Post a Comment