Verse

Verse

Friday, September 7, 2012

3 Months Old!


Well, it’s that time again. Sumner is three months old. Like I said last month, it’s unreal to me how much he changes and gowns day by day. I couldn't even imagine that last month he would be doing the things he is doing this month, but he is. He brings so much happiness to my life and to everyone around him. I don't know how it’s possible to fall in love with someone so quickly, but it happens. I love him more than words can say. I can't even imagine what my life was like before he came into it. I thank God several times a day for giving me such a sweet, healthy, and beautiful baby boy.






We have had such a busy and exciting month. Sumner went on his first "mini vacation" to see his Uncle Walt Walt in Athens. I was worried about traveling so far with him, but he did SO good. I fed him before we left. We stopped at a McDonalds along the way to eat breakfast so I fed him and changed him there.







 Once we made it to Walter's apartment, I fed him again and we played. I gave him a chance to stretch, which he absolutely LOVES! I have never seen a baby stretch as much as he does.

Then, me, mama, Walter, and Sumner went for a walk. Walter lives right in front of the UGA baseball field so we stopped and looked around. The gates were open so we walked out on the field. Sumner LOVES to stroll. He looked around at all the trees and cooed and smiled! After our walk we went back to Walter's and Sumner ate and took a nap. For supper, we went to Five Guys. It was GREAT!



 

After supper we walked around the campus. We even walked to a yogurt shop and had dessert. It was a nice day! The next day we slept in. We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel and went grocery shopping for Walter. We left Athens about 2:00. It was really sad to leave Walter. On the way home mama and I stopped in Macon to feed and change Sumner (and of course do a little shopping)! They have the nicest Belks there I have ever been too. I bought Sumner a few things and we hit the road again! We got home around 8:00. Matthew sure was excited to see us! :)




We also went back to the pediatric GI doctor in Macon this month. They discovered Sumner has really bad food allergies so he is on a special formula called EleCare. Its very expensive but worth every cent! He is doing GREAT! I cannot believe what a difference it made in him. He is such a happy baby now!









 
He sleeps in his crib now. He has consistently been sleeping through the night for the past week. He goes to bed around 9 and wakes up around 6. He has been going through the night without eating since he was about 8 weeks old. However, he would still wake up around 3:00 am fussing so I would get him and put him in the swing and he would sleep the rest of the night. After a few weeks of this I realized I had created a bad habit and it had to stop. So, two weeks ago Matthew and I decided to let him cry it out (permission given by his pediatrician). He woke up at 3 and expected me to put him in his swing like usual, and I didn't. Instead, I picked him up, consoled him, and laid him back down. He would cry and cry! Matthew and I had to go into the living room and turn up the tv to sort of drown him out. We have a video monitor so we watched him the whole time. I would go back in there every 10 mins and console him, and lay him back down. This went on for 3 hours... The pediatrician said it usually took 3 days to establish and to break a habit so I figured we would have at least two more nights like that, but we didn’t! :) The next night he woke up at 3 and I didn't pick him up. Instead I gave him his paci and he went right to sleep. This went on for a few more weeks (me getting up and giving him his paci once during the night). But, thankfully, he has been sleeping through the night without me getting up for a whole week!

He is sitting up so good. He can sit up on his own for about 5 seconds before I have to catch him from tipping over! He sits on my lap and holds his head up all by himself for long stretches at a time. He even sits in his bumbo seat all by himself, and loves it!



 I cannot believe he isn't rolling over yet. He has been getting SO close for over a month now. I know it won't be long! He scoots all over the place. When I put him on his play mat on the floor he scoots off of it and turns around all the time. I never know where he is going to be when I get him up in the mornings. He moves ALL over the place. This morning I saw him on the monitor and he had turned so that his feet were where his head was and his head was where his feet were. By the time I went to get him up he had turned even more and had just about made a 360 degree turn! He is so active! He kicks his feet like nobody's business! This explains A LOT! When I was pregnant with him he would kick so bad it would make waves in the bath tub! Sometimes he would kick so fast and for so long I asked the doctor if it were possible he was having seizures! It really concerned me! LOL! Now I know that is just him! :) He kicks so hard in the bath I am afraid he is going to bruise his feet! By the way, he still loves his bath! I love giving it to him too! It is a very special time!

The last time we went to the doctor when he was 12 weeks old he weighed 13 lbs and 6 oz and was 23 inches long! He eats about 5 ounces during the day (anywhere between 3-4 hours) and 6 oz at night. I think I am about to have to increase it though because it seems to not be satisfying him anymore. He is wearing 3-6 months clothes and size 2 diapers. He is losing a lot of his hair, and what is left looks dirty blonde. His eyes are still blue, too! I never thought Matthew and I would have a blue eyed baby with light colored hair!

His first smile was at 5 1/2 weeks old but now he smiles ALL the time and has even started laughing out! He loves attention! He is such a morning person (he must get that from his daddy because it certainly didn't come from me)! He smiles, laughs, coos all morning long. I am going to miss my mornings with him MORE THAN ANYTHING when I go back to work...:( I don't know how I am going to do it. I am asking for prayers in advance, please!










We finally have a "routine"! YAY!! It goes a little something like this...

6:30 Wake up, play, talk, change diaper, eat!

7:00-8:00 Play and Talk

8-9:30 Morning nap

9:30 Get dressed and ready to go to Moultrie.

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we go to Moultrie. I work out for an hour and teach a class and he stays in the child watch center with Ms. Renee who loves him to pieces! She feeds him and plays with him while I am there. I get a shower too while I am there. If we don't go to Moultrie, then Katie, Norah Kate, Sumner, and I will go to the track in Omega and run! Both babies love it!

9:45 Head to Moultrie

10:30 Ms. Renee feeds him and plays with him while I work out and take a shower

12:00-1:30 Sumner naps off and on.

1:30 Sumner eats, we talk and play for a little bit (he is usually sleepy at this time)

2:00-5:00 Long afternoon nap! I usually try to get things done during this time and maybe sneak a nap too!                             


5:30 Sumner eats and we play for a little bit before his bath

6:00 Bath time

6:30-8:30 We play during this time! If it’s not too hot we go for a stroll or sit outside in the swing (he LOVES being outside) I try not to let him nap after 6:30 so he will sleep good!

8:30 Change into pj's, read a book, say prayers, last feeding for the night!

This schedule isn't set in stone! I try to be flexible!

Well, I guess this is it for this month! I can't wait to see what is in store for us next month! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment