Verse

Verse

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spring Break 2012


Well my Spring Break, which I have been looking forward to since Christmas Break, is coming to an end... But, at least I can say it was WONDERFUL and MEMORABLE! I cannot tell you how many times it crossed my mind this week how this would be my last Spring Break not being a parent. Next year, and the next year, and the next year will be full of fun times with Sumner, and other children if God chooses to bless us with them. I cannot wait to make memories with my children like the ones my parents made for me!

Here is a breakdown of my Spring Break events:

First, on Saturday, March 31st, my mama, Matthew, his parents, and I went to Tallahassee for a sneak peek of Sumner! We had an appointment at 5:00 for a 3D/4D ultrasound at The Prenatal Experience. I have nothing but positive things to say about this facility. It isn't a doctor's office. Instead, it specializes primarily in giving parents to be a wonderful experience never to be forgotten. Yes, it was a little pricy, and no, the pictures are something you want to hang on the walls, but for an expecting parent, it was the most amazing thing ever! They do EVERYTHING possible to make your experience so special, and for us it truly was. I think seeing Sumner in 3-D made things seem to much realer, not only for me, but also for his grandparents! We saw him smile, blink, squint, and much more! The most incredible thing was to see how he really reacted to our voices. My mama has been telling me all along that I need to be talking, reading, and singing to him and I never gave it much thought. However, seeing how he was aroused by the sounds of our voices made me feel so guilty for not doing it. Needless to say, Matthew and I are talking to my belly every day now haha!






Since our appointment wasn't until 5:00, we went to the baby store, "Our New Baby", first. It was our lucky day because they just so happened to be having a major sale that day and giving out door prizes. Matthew and I had registered for a travel system at Target, but they also sold it at "Our New Baby". It is a Chicco, and is red and black. If you ordered the complete travel system that day then they would give you an additional car seat base for free. So, our sweet parents decided to split the price and get it for us as a shower gift. They also each bought a base for them to use in their vehicles, so I guess we are all set: stroller, car seat, and four bases!  We got a call later that night from the baby store... They told us we won a door prize... a baby blanket!



After the appointment, we went and ate dinner at Ted Montana's. It was so good! For dessert we hit up Krispy Kreme, and I am embarrassed to mention how many doughnuts were consumed! We had a WONDERFUL day! It was truly one the best ever, and definitely one I will treasure for the rest of my life. Matthew, Sumner, and I are so blessed to have such wonderful parents! I am glad we can be one big happy family together!

 These are not ALL ours....

Second, Matthew and I spent the whole day together on Monday, April 2nd! It was a special day! First, we woke up and cooked breakfast together. Later, we went to town and ate lunch at Pit Stop. After lunch, I had a craving for strawberries, so I made him take me to the strawberry patch down the road from our house! He got a strawberry ice cream cone, and I got half a flat of strawberries (I gave half of them to Matthew's parents; because I didn't think I would ever eat them all... boy was I wrong.) Once we got home we spent the rest of the afternoon outside, playing with Champ, swinging, and sitting on the porch talking. As the sun started to go down, we decided to take Champ on his normal afternoon walk. It’s about a mile walk around the field behind our house. There are three ponds back there, and Champ has to get into each one of them! He is so much fun! He loves to swim and find the BIGGEST sticks! He looks like Mighty Dog pulling them out of the water and making a wild dash around the field, as if he is so proud of his accomplishments! Finally, once it got dark we went inside and cooked breakfast for supper together! It was a special day! I wish I could spend every day like that with my sweetie!




Third, on Tuesday, April 3rd, mama and I took a road trip to Jacksonville Beach! Our plan was to leave early that morning, and spend the night. Well, we got off to a great start! I told her I would be at her house at 7 to get her, and believe it or not, I was there at 7 on the dot. And what is even more unbelievable, she was ready and walked out the door as I drove up! We NEVER get anywhere on time, so this was crazy! We stopped in Valdosta to get a few things we needed from Wal-Mart and to eat breakfast! We went to Chik-fil-a. She got the sausage biscuit and I got a chicken biscuit. This was the first time either of us has had fast food breakfast in years, so we were in heaven. We ended up splitting each other’s biscuits with each other so we could each have some of both kinds! Things were going great... We were on our way and on schedule...That should have been our sign... I don't know what we were thinking, because we did not print out directions. I mean, how hard could it be?.... WRONG! We got to Jacksonville at 11:00 and did not make it to the beach until 12:30! I don't know how, but we got so turned around and just kept going up and down the road, back and forth, no clue as to where to go! Finally, after our third stop to ask for directions, someone gave me directions I could understand, and we made it to the beach! We unpacked all our stuff, had a picnic lunch, and enjoyed our afternoon. It was a beautiful day, sunny and breezy. The only negative thing was the temperature got up to 90 degrees, and I started to get fried about 3:30. We decided to go ahead and head back home instead of spending the night. We figured we would use the money we saved on a hotel room to treat ourselves to a massage the next day, so....

I have never liked women who showed their pregnant belly at the beach, and here I am doing it! But in my defense, our beach trip was last minute, and I didn't have time to buy a pregnancy bathing suit....
Forth, on Wednesday, April 4th, mama came over and we spent the afternoon together. At 4:00 we headed to the massage place for our pampering! I got the pregnancy massage, and it was WONDERFUL! Maybe my sweet hubby will get me another one soon! It made me feel so relaxed I could barely drive home! For dinner that night, my mama and I fixed Pizza Rollies, and the three of us ate outside on the screened in porch. That porch is like my private paradise! I could sit out there all day long!

Fifth, on Thursday, April 5th, Matthew and I went to our appointment for a baby check-up.  It was just a normal visit: weigh, urine check, heartbeat check, and measure my belly.  The doctor said everything looked great, Praise God!

3o weeks pregnant... 10 more to go!
The rest of the week, was very restful. I helped Matthew work in the yard some, napped, and basically did a bunch of nothing. I made Matthew take me back to the strawberry patch because I went through all of the strawberries from Monday! I guess I can add strawberries to my list of pregnancy cravings. This time I used half of the strawberries to make Matthew his favorite strawberry cake homemade whipping cream! We grilled out Friday night with some of our best friends, and had a wonderful time!


No comments:

Post a Comment