Verse

Verse

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shopping Spree!

April 27, 2012

     Mama and I went to Tallahassee to pick up the car seat and stroller we ordered about a month ago from "Our New Baby".  I figured I needed to go ahead and get it because the count down is on for Sumner to be here.  I have seven more weeks until 40 weeks pregnant.  But, I am pretty much booked every weekend until the due date.  Next week I have a wedding, the next three weekends I have class in Americus all day, and then the first weekend in June (a week before due date), we have another weekend!  So, I figured I needed to go ahead and get it while I could! I mean, the car seat is pretty important! :)

     Earlier this week the two of us sat down and made a list of things I still needed before he arrives.  I must admit, I am beginning to feel a little overwhelmed with all of the things he still needs, and all of the stuff I have left to do.  I cannot believe how fast it has flown by!  When we left the baby store, we went to Target and bought some pacifiers and baby hangers.  Then, we went to the mall and bought him a few outfits.  I have only bought him two outfits because I figured we would get so many clothes, so I just didn't see the point.  But, Matthew is really stressing out because we don't have many clothes (by the way, we still have two showers to go.) I thought I would enjoy shopping for his clothes, but it didn't start out that way.  In fact, it was the opposite!  We could not find ANYTHING for a baby boy! Everything looked cheap and cheesy!  We were just looking for outfits he could wear the first few weeks when we would be staying at home, and a few things he could wear out in public.  I am really struggling with buying boy stuff because I have NO idea what baby boys wear!  I found tons of adorable girl things... If we were having a girl, I could have gone broke buying up everything!  Not true for a boy!  We finally had a little luck at Baby Gap and the Children's Place!  Mama got so excited because she found a little bathing suit, matching t-shirt, and hat! 

     We had not planned to be gone so long, but we ended up staying until the mall closed.  We couldn't leave Tallahassee without getting some sort of dessert.  Surprisingly, we did not go to Krispy Kreme.  Instead, we went to a yogurt shop!  We got home so late, and my feet were hurting so bad, and were very swollen.  I was exhausted so I decided to stay at mama's house instead of driving back to Tifton so late! It was a lot of fun! Mama and I had a little slumber party! 

    I feel a little better about getting him clothes and about getting his car seat, but there is still so much more to get... diapers, wipes, wipes warmer, bottles, bottle warmer, onesies, burp clothes, bath tub, bath cloths, blankets, socks, swing, bouncy seat, camera, and I am sure there are things I haven't thought of! Not to mention, I still need a chair, extra sheets, extra changing pad covers, a lamp, and baskets for the nursery! Whew... It seems like a lot when I type it all out!!!! But, I keep telling myself, we still have time, we still have time, we still have time... HOPEFULLY! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment