Verse

Verse

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Passing Score

On March 8, 2012, I had another baby doctor appointment.  Never in my life have I looked forward to going to the doctor, but I do now! I love going and hearing the heartbeat, and seeing his little body on the ultrasound! It is a very special time for Matthew and I.  This appointment, however, was different.  I didn't get an ultrasound, but I did get to hear the heartbeat (152 bpm).  I also had to take the Glucose Test to make sure I didn't have gestational diabetes.  I hate to say it, but I was a little worried about the outcome of this test... Yes, I am a very healthy eater, I always have been. I never eat fried foods, I eat tons of fruits and vegetables, I cook a lot (and my cooking is very lean and healthy stuff), I don't eat fast food (except a grilled chicken sandwich from ChikfilA), BUT my weakness is CANDY.  I love, love, love things like skittles, nerds, and sour worms! I am ADDICTED! I do not have a medical background, so my knowledge of how this test works is very little.  All I could think about was if this test had anything to do with sugar, mine would probably be off the charts! So, the day before the test, I told myself I was going to be good!  I wasn't going to indulge in any sweets of any kind until after my appointment that afternoon.  Well... I started off good! I didn't have my usual candy dessert after breakfast, but by around 11:00 I just had to have something, so I ate a sucker! :(  That was pretty good considering....
So, I went to take the test.  They made me drink this nasty orange drink, which was way too sweet, even for me.  I had to wait an hour before they would prick my finger and get the results.  In the meantime, I saw the doctor, and he did the usual stuff, and we waited.  Finally, the hour was up, and they did the finger prick, and mine was a 100!  Again, I don't know much about blood sugar, but the nurse said it was perfect, and I was very relieved!  I go back to the doctor on April 5th.  After that appointment I have to start going every two weeks!


25 weeks and 6 days!




No comments:

Post a Comment