Verse

Verse

Friday, March 10, 2023

Abigail is a WHOLE Handful

 

Abigail is a WHOLE Handful

It is hard to believe our baby is now five. It really is true, the days are long, but the years are short. Time flew with all of our children, but I can honestly say the years from 0-5 went by a lot faster with Abigail then it did with Sumner and Anna Ruth.  I keep feeling like I am dreaming, that she can’t really be five.  It truly seems like yesterday I was pregnant with her.  How did five years go by so so so fast?

Abigail has the funniest personality. It is hard to describe her really. In many ways, she is kind, sensitive, affectionate, loving. She is very clever and witty…. She stands up for herself and is very confident. I don’t have to worry about her letting people run over her. She loves her friends and her family.  She loves to be held, cuddled, rocked.  She is still very small for her age, so I sill have the advantage of being able to walk around with her on my hip and cuddling her like a baby.  People see her in public and remark on how well she talks.  They mention that because they think she is 3 instead of 5.  When I tell them that she is five they are so surprised. 😊

She loves to dance and sing.  She is what Matthew calls “street smart” haha! It is amazing how her little mind works sometimes. One of her favorite sayings is “wait, whhhaatt?” She still thinks she is the real Fancy Nancy.  She has a huge vocabulary and I have no idea where she learns all the stuff she knows. It is amazing. 

We had such a wonderful time celebrating her birthday this year. First, the morning of her birthday I had the house decorated and we had a cookie cake for breakfast before she went to school.  I brought her class cupcakes for snack time.  The next week she had a skating birthday party at Freckles Skate Center in Moultrie. And lastly, we celebrated with Matthew’s family a few days after her party.  She and Yaya have the same birthday so it is always special to celebrate them together.

Her very best friend is Selah Martin. The two of them are so sweet together.  She also loves James Dunn.  His family goes to church with us and he and Abigail have been together since they were babies in the nursery. They have a very special bond.

Dear Abigail,

I want to start off by saying how much I love you.  I cannot thank God enough for allowing me to be your mama.  You are so special and very unique.  You keep all of us entertained.  You have the biggest heart and love others very strongly.  I pray you will accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior at an early age and will follow Him all the days of your life. I pray you will always be surrounded by Christian friends and influences all throughout your life. I also pray that you marry a Godly husband who loves God with all his heart, soul, and mind.  I love you Abigail, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep, and more, and more, and more.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment