Verse

Verse

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Abigail Turns Four

 I cannot tell you how many times I have had to delete/re-type or correct myself when I am trying to say what # birthday this is for Abigail. I don't know why, but I cannot wrap my head around the fact that she is four. I really can't. It doesn't seem real.  To me, she is still a baby, and four is no longer a baby. Maybe it's because she is more than likely our last baby. Or maybe it is because she is so petite. Even when strangers see her and ask how old she is, they always assume she is two! 


This is the first year Abigail has really and truly been excited about her birthday. As soon as Christmas was over she started talking about "my birthday!" 

We have done a lot of celebrating!  First, we had a family birthday party with the Sumner family.  On her actual birthday, we celebrated as a family. She had a party the next day at her school.  She is having her birthday party with friends on March 12th at the gymnastics place.  She is having a princess themed party!

For her birthday, she got the most awesome Barbie Van/RV by Power Wheels.  That thing is cool! Even the bigger kids can play.  They have been spending lots of time outside pretending like they are going on camping adventures.  

Abigail goes for her 4 year old wellness visit next week. I will update then! 

A few things I feel are important to mention about the F*O*U*R year old Abigail:

* She loves Barbie, Gabby Dollhouse, Rainbow Ruby, Spirit, Mickey Mouse

*We went to Disney World last month, and her FAVORITE ride was the Carousal. Runner up was the Little Mermaid ride.

*She loves horses! She constantly pretends to be riding a horse on anything she can find to be a pretend horse.

* She is very affectionate. She still loves to be carried around and cuddled with at night before bed.

* She has a HUGE vocabulary. Almost daily she says something that makes my jaw drop and cause me to question where she learns all these things.

* She loves baths! Especially in my bathtub. She loves to play in the tub with her mermaids, dolphins, and Barbie toys. 

*She loves music and musical instruments.   She also loves to dance! She can't hear music without moving!

* She loves to pretend to do ballet. When she walks around she leaps around and says she is doing a "shu-tay" which I have no idea what that is... All I know is when she does it she leaps and bends her back leg while pointing her toes??? And she does it about 1,000 times a day!

* She has a HUGE imagination! Carrying on a conversation with her is ALWAYS interesting. She also has the funniest facial expressions and hand movements to go along with all her stories. 


Dear Abigail,

There are no words to describe the joy you have brought into my life.  I will never forget the day you were born.... I wasn't able to hold Sumner and Anna Ruth right after they were born, but I was able to hold you right away! I will also never forget the first days, weeks, and months after you were born. We could not have asked for a better baby! You were so easy going, I didn't know what to think!  It is hard to believe four years have already gone by.....  

Another thing I will never forget is how loved you were by Sumner and Anna Ruth.  While I was pregnat with you, they each prayed for you every night.  The day we came home from the hospital I saw them staring out the blinds, staring down the road, waiting for us to drive up.  From that day until now, you have been loved by them in a MIGHTY way. Yes, ya'll have started arguing a little in the past year, but that's expected... Even still, the three of you have a bond that I have never seen before and my prayer is that you will always have that bond.

I love you Abigail, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!

Love, 

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment