Verse

Verse

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Anna Ruth's 8th Birthday

 In true Anna Ruth fashion, she celebrated her birthday for several weeks! I guess that is the advantage of having a birthday near Christmas.... Mama feels sorry for you, and your birthday gets a tad bit exaggerated. But that's OK! Because in my opinion, we should ALWAYS go overboard to celebrate the life of one of God's children. Especially one as sweet, special, and smart as you, Anna Ruth!

The day before your birthday, your friend Maggie Ruth came over and I took you two for a special horseback riding lesson.  This was so much fun!  Afterwards, she came back home for a sleepover.  Savannah Cole also came over and spent the night. 

The morning of your birthday, you woke up to streamers, party decorations, presents, and a cookie cake!  It was a Sunday, so we went to church, and your friends came too.

After church, we went to eat lunch at Cracker Barrel.  Top and Yaya came and ate lunch with us too.  Afterwards, Yaya took you to Ellie's and bought you two new dresses for your birthday.  

The next week, we ate at the office/the barn with Uncle David, Ms. Vicki, Uncle Dwight, Aunt Carol, Top, and Yaya for your birthday!

Lastly, January 7th, you had a slumber party with some of your friends from church. You girls had so much fun and I am so thankful for the many friendships you have made at church!

As you can tell, your birthday was in NO WAY pushed to the side just because you have a Christmas birthday!  

Dear Anna Ruth,

Every year you grow older, I feel sad and thankful. Sad, because you are growing up.  Thankful, because of another year God has allowed us to be together. For some reason, this birthday I was a little more sentimental for some reason.  I kept thinking back to what I was doing 8 years ago.... I know I have said this before, but from the first time I laid eyes on you, we had a special connection.  From the time you were a tiny little baby, you loved being close to me, and you still do. One of your favorite things to do is sleep with me on the nights daddy stays late at church for accountability group. He always moves you back into your room when he gets home, but you really enjoy falling asleep cuddled up with me.  I enjoy it too.  You still love Ella. You still love playing school.  You absolutely LOVE playing games (Old Maid, Go Fish, Pretty Pretty Princess, Trouble).  You love JUNK NIGHTS.  Any excuse for me to bake cookies and pop popcorn and you are on board.  You are sweet.  You are thoughtful. You are so loving.  I thank God every day for allowing me to be your mama!!!!  I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!

Love, 

Mama







No comments:

Post a Comment