How can it be that another summer break has come and gone? I love this special time with my kids and I am never ready for it to end. Here are a few fun things that went on this summer...
- So much time spent at our "happy place" AKA Lake Blackshear
- Before it got too hot, we went on lots of morning walks and had lots of picnics
- YMCA pool
- DD's bestie, Delicia came over a few times and played
- VBS
- Connect Camp
- Sumner's birthday
- Champ's birthday
- Playing games
- Chuck-E-Cheese
- Bowling
- Trip to "Mayberry"
- Anna Ruth lost her first tooth
- Trip to Marco Island
We are doing something new for school this year.... We left public school and are doing a homeschool co-op. I am excited about this change. So far, we are wrapping up the first week, and thanks to God, we have had a wonderful week. Both Sumner and Anna Ruth are being challenged in a way they have never been before. At first, that seemed overwhelming, but I know being challenged now is just going to pay off for them in the long run! I also love how we have so much time in the morning before they have to go to school to spend time together. We have been sitting together as a family every morning after breakfast and opening God's word and studying it together. This is my favorite part about this change! Our mornings are no longer feeling rushed and we get to start the day off with JESUS!
Abigail will be going to our church's Weekday Program. She will be going 3 days a week. She hasn't started yet because they pushed it back until after Labor Day because of the rise in COVID cases. I am sure she will love her teachers and new class once it begins!
I am praying for a great year and a hedge of protection to be around each of us. I am so thankful to God for allowing us the opportunity to do all the things mentioned above!



No comments:
Post a Comment