Verse

Verse

Sunday, August 4, 2019

End of Summer/Beginning of School Year 2019-2020

It is hard to believe another summer has passed.  They seem to just keep coming and going faster and faster each year. I wish I wasn't such a negative nancy about the topic, but I just can't help it.  All I can think about is how I only have X number of summers with my children and the number keeps getting smaller.  I do try to find the positive, and that is that they DO seem to keep getting better and better every year!

When summer first started I noticed Sumner and Anna Ruth were arguing a lot.  It bothered me because for the most part, they have always gotten along so well.  I guess this being the first year they have not been together during the day (both at different schools/getting out at different times) they got use to the other not being around. So when they were put back together 24/7 they both had some adjusting to do.  Now here we are at the end of the summer and they finally have their issues resolved and they are back to being the loving siblings they've always been.  Anna Ruth has cried a few times the past week (when she was tired and emotional) about how she was going to miss Sumner while he was at school.  She will get out at 12:30 and also doesn't start for a week after he starts which is the reason she is afraid she will be so bored...

We had a lot of fun over the past several weeks.  We went to Vacation Bible School, swam a lot, went to the YMCA pool, celebrated Sumner's 7th birthday, went to Great Wolf Lodge, had lots of play dates, bowled a lot, went to Chuck E Cheese, vacationed at Marco Island, rode bikes, stayed up late, baked cookies, did experiments, and we went to the lake just about every weekend.

The lake has been such a major and special part of our summer this year.  What I love most about our trips to the lake is we are all together in a very small area without a lot of technology distracting us.  We just spend time TOGETHER without all the hussle and bussle of our normal every day lives. I am also thankful because it allows us to spend special quality time with YaYa and Top! I am so thankful Matthew's parents have the house at the lake because I know it is giving memories to my children that will last a lifetime!

I am going to miss the lazy days of summer.  I am going to miss the absence of a packed schedule. I am going to miss having all three of my kiddos home with me all day.  However, I am so very thankful that both Sumner and Anna Ruth are excited about school this year.  I know both of them are going to be loved and protected in my absence. 

Poor Abigail really isn't going to know what to think without them being here.  She loves playing with them.  At least Anna Ruth will be home after lunch and as of now, Abigail still takes a pretty good morning nap.  Every morning this summer when Abigail woke up, Sumner and Anna Ruth would run into her room and climb in her crib and play. 

I pray this school year will be the best one ever, and I have no doubt it will be! Sumner will be going to Normal Park Elementary School.  He will be in Mrs. Amanda's 1st Grade class.  He was so excited at Open House about school beginning, and that made me SO happy to see him SO happy! Anna Ruth will be going to Northside Baptist Church and will be in the BEST kindergarten teacher in the world's class, Mrs. Debbie!  I cannot wait to see how much Mrs. Debbie teachers her this year.  It is going to be a good year! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment