Below are a few things about SIX year old Sumner.
- Sumner always thinks of Anna Ruth when he gets anything. For example, if he gets a pack of starburst with 2 pieces inside, he always saves one for her.
- He loves picking me flowers. I keep them in a ziplock bag. I pray he never stops loving me as much as he does now. I know it will change as time goes on, as it should, but I do hope we will always have a special bond.
- He loves writing me sweet notes. I find them all over the house.
- He loves tape. We go through rolls and rolls of tape a week. I find tape everywhere! He uses it to tape his blocks, tinker toys, and legos together to create things. One day he had to stay in his room for a while as a punishment without any toys. I couldn't believe how quiet he was and how he hadn't called a million times asking if it was time to get out. When I went in to check on him I found him taping "ziplines" all across his room from one wall to the next using rolled up duct tape and paper clips.
- His two best friends right now are Fletcher and Grant. He says he is going to marry Brooklyn one day.
- Two things he says a lot that I think are so cute and I hope I never forget. 1) "You know what I just recognized mama?" He uses "recognized" all the time in the place of "realized". 2) "You get me now mama?" He says this all the time after he gets done explaining himself.
- He loves Abigail. He loves talking to her and making her smile.
- He is repeating kindergarten next year because his birthday is in the summer. Due to him having a late birthday his kindergarten teacher from this year and I believe it would do him good to repeat in the public school setting before going to first grade. This year his kindergarten was only from 8:30-12:30, so repeating kindergarten in an all day setting will help him get ready for first grade. I also think he could use the year to mature a bit. At the end of this year he was reading on a level h which is end of first grade/first of second grade. He is blessed by picking up on reading so easily. Because his level was so high I second guessed my decision about repeating, but after much prayer and conference with other educators, I believe this is the right choice for him.
- He loves Ninja Turtles. Ninja Turtles is the only long show/movie he will sit still to watch. He had a Ninja Turtle birthday party and the YMCA pool. He had a blast!
- On his actual birthday I made waffles. We made shrinky dinks (look it up if you don't remember what they are) and stepping stones you get to decorate. We also made cookies. Papa came by for a few hours, too. For supper he wanted to go to Steak N Shake so that's what we did. Afterwards we went back to Uncle David's house for cake and presents. Sumner wanted me to make a strawberry cake with homemade whipping cream, so I did!
- The day after his birthday we went out to eat with our second family; Will, Liz, Fletcher, and Branch. We went to Longhorns. They sang to Sumner and gave you a complimentary Sunday!
Dear Sumner,
It seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant. These past years have been the BEST years of my life. Ever since I was a tiny little girl, I could not wait to be a mama! You are better than I ever hoped for. I love you so much and I thank God for blessing me by allowing me to be your mama. I pray for you every single day. Usually many, many, many times a day. I always pray for your to walk with God your whole life. I pray for you to follow in his will for your life. I pray for your protection (physically, mentally, and spiritually.) I pray for you to be surrounded by Godly influences. I pray for your future friends and your future spouse. I pray you will not be so sensitive that you get your feelings hurt all the time, but that you are sensitive enough to be compassionate. I pray for God to give me and daddy the wisdom and discernment to raise you in the way God wants us to. Happy Birthday, Sumner! I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more.
Love,
Mama











No comments:
Post a Comment