Abigail was born right after Valentine's Day. Now she is three months old and the kids are out for summer break. How did it happen so fast? I swear I feel like that part of the school year just didn't even happen because it went so fast.
Oooohhhhhh I LOVE this little baby more than words can even say!!!! Her smiles and baby talk melts my heart every time!
- You remind me so much of Sumner as a baby. I went back and read what I wrote about Sumner at your age, and it is like I am describing you. Some examples of this are how much you like to stretch. I wrote how Sumner stretched more than any baby I had ever known... Well that was before I met you. I still swaddle you when you sleep and when I un-do it, your arms fly up so fast and you start stretching. You stretch for a good ten minutes after waking up. Another way you remind me of Sumner as a baby is how observant you are. You are so curious. You cannot stand to be laying back, it is like you think you are going to miss something. So you fuss and wiggle until I sit you up so you can look around. Your neck goes from left to right and left to right, taking it all in. You are a busy little thing, too! You kick your feet and move your arms like nobody's business! Sumner was the same way. I use to jokingly tell people Sumner wasn't even still when he slept, and that is still true today. One other thing that reminds me of your big brother is your eyes. Your eyes look JUST like his as a baby. And maybe part of that is because he was so serious... always studying his surroundings, and you are the same way. You also have blue eyes like him. His changed to hazel, so I wonder if yours will too? DD and my Grandmother have blue eyes, so it is a possibility!
- There is one thing about you that reminds me of Anna Ruth as a baby, and that is how both of you like your sleep! Anna Ruth was an amazing napper, and did OK at night, but you have her BEAT! You started sleeping all through the night when you were 10 weeks old. Your bedtime is around 8:00 pm and you slept until 6:30 am. Last night you went to sleep around 8 pm and did not wake up this morning until 8:00 am. During the day you take great naps, too. You usually stay awake about an hour and a half after you eat and then nap for an hour and a half.
- You still love your bath! When I put you in you get so excited and kick so hard it splashes water all on me! You still have very sensitive/dry skin so I am using special soap and lotion on you. I also wash your hair with Selsun Blue.
- Your hair is so long and thick it started getting knotted up when you were about 5 weeks old. I guess it is because you sleep on your back, so when you move your head, it makes your hair get tangled. We call them your dreadlocks! Well I have tried everything to tame them and get the knots out without any luck. In fact, it gets worse as each day passes. So, you got your first "haircut" on 5/21/18 when I was forced to cut the dreadlocks out. I put them in a bag and will keep the bag in your baby book.
- You love, love, love for people to look you in the eye and smile and talk. You grin so big that your eyes almost shut (especially your right eye.) Sometimes you do this cute thing where you turn your head away and try to cover your face as if you are being bashful. When you are very happy I swear it sounds like you are chuckling!
- You have hit a big time growth spurt! You are now wearing size 6 month clothes, size 3 diapers, and weigh 14 pounds! You are still drinking about 4 oz every 3 hours.
- Your hair is still dark, dark, dark! Anna Ruth and Sumner's was never as dark as yours. Theirs also fell out by the time they were 2 months old and came back lighter. So far yours is staying thick and dark!
- I took you to get your Pneumonia vaccine. You were suppose to get it when you turned two months but I like to space them out, so you only got one at that visit and I take you back every month or so for the next one. The first one you had at your two month visit was the DTap vaccine. You handled it great. You barley cried and didn't seem ill at all later. I was a bit worried because when Anna Ruth was two months old, I hadn't started doing the alternative vaccine schedule, so she got all her shots at once and had a bad reaction (she had to be hospitalized for two days.) So when I took you back to get the pneumonia vaccine I prayed you would do just as good with it as you had with the DTap vaccine. Unfortunately this one bothered you more. You cried a lot worse and for a lot longer. You were ill for the next 24 hours and had a low grade temperature. You did not have breathing issues like Anna Ruth did, praise the Lord.
- You are so strong. You have been trying to sit up on your own when I am holding you, but a few days ago you did it all the way. I was shocked. I showed daddy your new skill and he said he was impressed with your abs! LOL!
- Your brother and sister adore you more and more each day. Anna Ruth still wants to hold you all the time, but you aren't liking that as much as you use to. She still wants to hold you like a baby and you don't want any part of that.
- You still sleep in the rock and play beside our bed. You are still being swaddled with the velcro swaddle, but you are almost too big so we bought you a Zipadee Zip which is suppose to be a good transition to the swaddle. I am nervous about trying it because you sleep so so so good right now, I don't want to mess it up.
- Daddy and I left you with DD for two nights this month. Daddy surprised me with a little vacation for our anniversary. When he told me about it I secretly did not want to go because I did not want to leave you, Sumner, and Anna Ruth, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings either. It was so hard leaving. It was even hard for daddy. After we left, we almost turned around to come get you! It was harder leaving you than your siblings because ever since you have been born you have been with me 24/7. I left very detailed instructions as well as video recording of instructions for DD. She laughed and laughed because that saying about how by the time the third baby comes along, parents are so chill and relaxed.... Nope! Not your mama! I somehow missed that lesson and am just as OCD about you as I was with Sumner and Anna Ruth!
Dear Abigail,
I am so thankful God is allowing me to be your mama. I love you so much already and I am already getting so sad about you growing up. Even Sumner and Anna Ruth make comments every time we change the number in the picture frame about how fast you are growing. I know we are going to have so much fun and make so many wonderful memories. I pray for God's wisdom and guidance as I raise you and for him to keep you safe from harm. I love you sweet girl as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama
 |
| You sure do love to sit in the Bumbo Seat because you get to check out everything! |
 |
| You still love your bath! |
 |
| Sumner called me "Mama, come look at what I did to Abigail!" My heart sank! Luckily it was all innocent fun! |
 |
| Working on tummy time! We are not so good at doing this.... The mirror made it a little more fun! |
 |
| You met Grandma Murphy for the first time! |
 |
| Again, they call me "Mama, look what we did to Abigail!" |
 |
| Cutting the dreadlocks! |
 |
| Baby Dedication Sunday |
No comments:
Post a Comment