Verse

Verse

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Abigail is One Month Old

Happy  One Month, Abigail!

You are the sweetest baby! We have had a wonderful month getting to know you!

Now that you are a month old, here are a few things about sweet little you!

- You started out not eating well, and sleeping all the time. You were also not gaining weight. I knew something was wrong so I took you to the lactation consultant and we realized you had a tongue tie and for whatever reason, a lazy "suck" so you were only getting 1 tsp in 30 minutes.  From then on  I started pumping and feeding you with a bottle.  In a little over two weeks you went from weighing 6 lbs 1 oz to 8 lbs.
- You wear newborn clothes and diapers.
- You weigh 8 lbs.
- You love to sleep.  I struggle to keep you awake for bits during the day.
- You like it when we stick our tongue out at you.  It has got to be a coincidence, but around the time you were two weeks old you would stick yours back out at us after we did it to you!  Now, at a month, you really do start moving your mouth around when we do it to you.
- Your fussy time is between 6:30-8:30 every night.  But even this isn't bad.  Usually if I rock you and snuggle with you, you settle down.
- You love your bath, and you like the bath warm. I give you your bath around 8 each night, and like I said earlier, this is during your fussy time, and you instantly stop crying when your body hits the water. The only part you do not like is getting out because you get cold. I am trying to figure out a way to get this part done faster.
- You sleep pretty good at night... Usually getting up every 3-4 hours.  As long as your stomach isn't bothering you, you'll usually go back to sleep pretty easy.
- Your favorite place to be is on my chest.  You calm down instantly when I lay you down on my chest.  If I didn't worry about something happening to you, I would let you sleep there every night.  Of course, I can't do that, so instead I snuggle with you like that during the day.
- Your siblings love you so much.  Especially Anna Ruth...  She is obsessed! She thinks she has herself a real life baby doll!
- I am following a schedule from the book "Moms on Call." I like it a lot because it is easy to stick with and not too intense.

Dear Abigail,
I cannot believe you are already a month old.  You are so loved!!! When I chose your name, Abigail Grace, I had specific reasons for each one.  I loved Abigail because I thought it was pretty, and because I love how strong of a woman Abigail in the Bible was.  I chose Grace because of that the word means.  Grace is one of God's greatest blessings, and I am so thankful to receive His grace each and every day.  By God's Grace, you are here with me today and I cannot praise Him enough for that.  
When I look at you, Abigail, I can already envision all of the fun things we are going to do.  Unfortunately, I know from raising your brother and sister, how fast the years pass...  That is why I am trying my best to soak up every bit of you because before I know it you will be as big and independent as they are.
I love you, sweet girl, and I pray you never forget that.  I also pray you will follow God with all of your heart and lean on Him when this crazy world lets you down.  He is always there and He loves you so much.  
I love you, Abigail as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love, 
Mama














No comments:

Post a Comment