Verse

Verse

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Anna Ruth the Fashionista!

Anna Ruth has loved fashion for as long as I can remember.  I remember the first time I took her to buy shoes her eyes literally lit up when she saw all the shoes and she immediately started taking her own shoes off to try on every pair she could get her hands on!

She has been very aware of things "matching" since she could talk.  Maybe even before that, but she couldn't communicate it haha!

Recently she has been saying and pointing things out that have tickled me.

1) We were eating lunch and someone walked in with a Vera Bradley purse that matched my laptop bag.  Anna Ruth pointed out that she had the same print on her purse that I have on my bag at home.

2) I took her with me to Ellie's Boutique.  They have a play kitchen beside the dressing room for kids to play with. The owner of the shop came and played with Anna Ruth as I tried on a few things.  When Anna Ruth and I went to check out (and the owner was no where in sight) Anna Ruth noticed a shirt hanging on the sale rack and told me that was the same shirt the lady who played with her had on.  The girl checking me out laughed because Anna Ruth was right.  It was the same shirt.  This is just one of hundreds of times Anna Ruth makes connections about what people wear.

3) I bought Anna Ruth a pair of skinny jeans to wear with cowboy boots to a Cattleman Convention.  When I tried them on her, her eyes lit up and the biggest smile filled her face.  She could hardly talk she was so excited and she thanked me over and over for buying her jeans and pants with pockets.  She has never said anything about wanting jeans or pants with pockets before, so I had no idea this would be a big idea.  Apparently she has been longing for them for quite a while!  All she has ever worn in her life are pants or pant/capri sets.  She's never had a pair of pants with pockets and this was her first pair of jeans.  I will always remember how happy they made her.  Now every time I put a pair of leggings, pants, or shorts on her she asks if they have pockets!!

4) I wore a pair of wedge sandals for the first time since Summer a few days ago.  When she saw me wearing them she stopped in her tracks, pointed to my shoes, told he how much she liked them, and asked me to buy her a pair just like them!

5) Every time I wear something new she notices!  It's like she has my wardrobe memorized!

6) She notices every time she sees someone with the same print on their purse that my mama has on hers.

7) I bought her a new pair of sunglasses to wear at the beach.  I picked out a precious hot pink pair with rhinestones around the side.  Well, Anna Ruth picked out a pair of Aviators and said she wanted ones like that because "that's what Ava has." Ava is a friend from her church/school that she goes to 3 mornings a week.  I don't know how she knows what kind of sunglasses Ava has, but she had her heart set on a pair just like it.

Anna Ruth,
I couldn't have custom ordered you any better than what God created you.  I hope somehow you will know and come to believe how special you are and never underestimate your worth.  You being a little "fashionista" is just one of the hundreds of ways your personality shines.  You are so funny and living life with you is so much fun! I am so thankful I get the privilege of raising you and being your mama! I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more!!!
Love, 
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment