Verse

Verse

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Anna Ruth 20-21 Months/ Sumner 3 Year 2-3 Months

I missed one of the monthly updates because things were a little busy around the Palmer house.  I got a new position at work which caused a lot of added work hours learning the new ends and outs.  Thank the LORD, things have finally settled down, and life is getting back to normal.  I have said it once, but I will say it again... I am so thankful for my job! I love being able to work from home.  Although it certainly has its challenges at times, I wouldn't trade the time with the two of you for anything in the world. I love being the one to get you dressed and fed each morning.  I love that I get to take you to school, Sumner.  I love our picnics and playtime and everything in between! 

Like I said earlier, I have a new position this year and with that comes a new schedule.  This year I am teaching live sessions Tues.-Thurs. for three hours a day.  They are back to back so there was absolutely no way I could do this and watch the two of you at the same time.  Thankfully MeMe (Ms. Joan) graciously agreed to watch you for those hours.  She comes to our house and I go to daddy's office since he has better Internet service.  She is wonderful with you guys and loves you both so much.  Y'all take your afternoon nap while she is with you, so I am really only missing maybe an hour out of your day, which makes me feel better.

Another big change is Sumner started Three Year Old PreK.  You have been going for over a month now and you love it.  You wake up every morning and ask if it is a school day.  You are learning so much, and having a ball!

Sumner also started playing soccer this year.  We had to choose between soccer and t-ball.  We decided on soccer because we thought you would be able to actively plan more.  Well, I think we made a mistake.  You liked it at first during the practices but once the games started, you started complaining about others not sharing the ball.  You get a little frustrated when people take the ball from you or don't let you get it.  I realize now t-ball may have been a better choice because you are very patient, and even though you would have had to wait until it was your turn, you would have eventually gotten a turn.  Oh well... There is always next year!

Anna Ruth, you really enjoy our time together while Sumner is at school.  I can tell you miss Sumner, but at the same time you enjoy having my undivided attention as well as your choice at ALL the toys!

Anna Ruth, I love you SO much, and I especially love your spunky personality.  However, I will be a little glad when the sassy stage passes.  You are one strong willed little girl and can be so stubborn.  Your daddy and I are working really hard to teach you how to always be sweet even when things don't go your way... Some examples:
          1.Me:  Anna Ruth, don't jump on the couch.  Sit down. 
           You: NO!
 
          2. Me: Anna Ruth, can you tell ____ hey?
             You: No!
 
          3. Driving down the road past bedtime and I ask you to stop singing because its night-night  
           time and you sing louder.... So I tell you if you don't stop I am going to spank and you say
           "NO!"... So, I reach back and pop your leg and tell you if you sing again I will pull over and
          spank.... Then, 5 seconds later you start singing again. (I know you understand what you are
          doing because when I pull over you start saying I stop mama, I stop mama!)
I think that is all I will say about that, because we a praying for God's guidance on raising and disciplining you and I have no doubt he will speak to us.  I will say the sassy side is just a small fraction of your little personality.  You are still one of the most loving little girls I have ever met.  You love giving and receiving hugs and kisses and are overall a very sweet spirited baby!

A little more about Anna Ruth:
  • You have really gotten into playing with baby dolls the past few months.  You like to take one with you everywhere you go.  It is amazing to me how you know how to hold, rock, and feed them. 
  • You love to read books.  I find you all the time in Sumner's room, sitting in his chair, "reading."
  • You love Champ!
  • You love to sing.  You sing BaaBaa Black Sheep, Jesus Loves Me, ABC's, Deep and Wide.
  • You like to count, even though you don't always get the numbers in the correct order.
  • You like puzzles.
  • You are learning your colors.
  • You are getting your back teeth (top and bottom.)
  • You weigh about 23 pounds, wear 24 month clothes, and size 4 diapers.
  • You are talking up a storm!!!  I can't even begin to type all the words and phrases you say because there are just too many.
  • You have such a spunky personality.  When you talk, you do so with such excitement and expression in your voice.  I pray I never lose the sound of your voice at this stage in my memory. 
A little more about Sumner
  • You never cease to amaze me.  You love learning and are so smart.  You love letters and numbers.  You are learning how to add and subtract .  You are also learning to sound out letters to read words.  It truly is amazing.  I am pretty sure you know your alphabet better than I do.  Your daddy and I were quizzing you a few weeks ago by asking in random order what letter come after another letter.  You could say the answer without skipping a beat.  Then we asked you if you knew the letter that came before another letter.  Again, you said the answer immediately.  Then your daddy asked you if you could say the alphabet backwards.  He said it jokingly but to our amazement you did it without hesitation and only missed one letter.  We were both in shock!
  • We joke about how well-rounded you are as a 3 year old... You love letters, math, numbers and other educational things but then you also love tractors. trains, and bulldozers.  You also love playing outside and playing ball.  You also have a good time playing with Sissy in her kitchen.  It's funny how you like a little bit of everything!
  • You are so friendly! You are so polite and pleasant to be around.  Everywhere we go people compliment you on being so sweet and well-behaved.
 
 Fall is almost here and I am so excited about the months to come.  We have a lot of exciting things planned! :)

Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,

You two are such a gift from God.  I don't know how I got so lucky!  At night when you go to bed I often times reminisce about the day we had and smile thinking about some of the cute things you did or say.  I hope my memories never leave and I am forever grateful for every second I get to spend with you.  I love you both as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!

Love,
Mama







No comments:

Post a Comment