Verse

Verse

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Anna Ruth 15 Months/Sumner 2 Years and 9 months

Not many changes going on in the Palmer house lately.  Thankfully, we have all been healthy for the most part!  Sumner and Anna Ruth are growing more entertaining and loveable (if that is possible) by the minute!  They are both so sweet!!!!!

This month we celebrated YaYa's birthday! We had a lot of fun!  We went out to eat to a restaurant called Ray's Mill Pond.  We rode as a family in Uncle David's RV.  It was so much fun! On her actual birthday, we took her to what seems to be our family's theme restaurant.... DQ (Dairy Queen!) Before going to eat we went to her house and gave her her birthday present! We also gave her some flowers that Sumner picked out all by himself.  He was so proud of those flowers.

We also celebrated our cousin's Ben's birthday.  He had a fun party in Albany at a gymnastics place.  I knew Sumner would enjoy himself, because he had been to one before.  I was surprised how much Anna Ruth enjoyed it.  She is such a dare devil! She did everything her Bubba did!

Anna Ruth had another first this month... She went through the entire Chikfila playground!  We went during the part of day that wasn't very busy so no one would be on the playground.  I figured I would take advantage and really play with them! The three of us went through it several times and had a lot of fun.  The next day we went to the Chikfila in Moultrie.  The playground there is smaller and Anna Ruth was able to go through it completely by herself.  She loved it and was not happy when we had to leave.

At home, Anna Ruth has learned how to go up our play set by herself, too.  It has a gang plank that is pretty steep, so I was shocked when I saw her climbing up it alone one day! I got to her before she went too far and followed behind her.  She used all of her strength to pull herself to the top.  When she got to the first level, she easily climbed the small ladder to the second level.  Now she is a pro! I still follow behind her just in case!

We have been doing a lot of fishing this month.  Sumner caught his first fish all by himself and was very proud of himself!!!

A few changes:
* Anna Ruth has always been very clingy to me, but this month I think the true separation anxiety has set in.
* Sumner and Anna Ruth have both really, I mean really started playing together.  When Sumner is taking a nap, or gone somewhere, Anna Ruth looks for him and acts so bored.  When Anna Ruth is taking a nap, Sumner constantly tells me to "wake Sissy up, I want to play."  However, they are also learning how to really argue, too!  Sumner loves to aggravate her, and she loves to tattle of him. She tells him "no, no, no!"
*Anna Ruth knows what she does/doesn't want and she knows how to tell you! She is using her nahhh (no) and shakes her head yes all the time.  I love to hear her say no.  It is really cute.
*Anna Ruth LOVES Champ.  Sumner loves him, too, but has never really made a big fuss over him.  Anna Ruth squeals when she sees him and gives him lots of hugs and kisses.  Every once and a while we let him come inside and stay in the laundry room.  When he is inside, we find her in there with him all the time.
*Sumner has started waking up during the night some, and asking for us to sleep with him, or him to sleep with us.  We let him.... And despite the interference with sleep, it is sweet.  It doesn't happen every night.
*Sumner is starting to learn the meaning of "love." He tells me all the time "I love you, mama" and kisses me.  I know the meaning of "love" is something even older adults truly do not understand, but I feel like for a 2 year old, his understanding is real! 
*"Why" is still Sumner's favorite word.
*Sumner loves the alphabet.  I bought a phonics DVD and he is obsessed.  He watches it all the time! When he watches it he likes to get his dry erase board or magic board and draw the letters along with the movie.  He can pretty much write every letter (upper and lowercase.) He also knows all the letter sounds.  He loves playing with his foam letters and saying "the __ says ___" and imitating whatever that particular letter sound does in the movie.  We had to tell him he couldn't act like a "k" anymore though, because he kept going around kicking people and things saying "the k says kick!" After we told him that, his response was "why?", of course! I also bought him three different sight word dvds and he knows all the words on all three dvds.

Schedule and Norms:
* Anna Ruth  still takes two naps a day.  Sumner still takes one in the afternoon.  They both go to sleep around 7:30 pm and wake up around 8:00 am.
* Anna Ruth weighs about 22 lbs. and Sumner weighs 31 lbs.
*Both are great eaters!
*Anna Ruth still only has two bottom teeth.
*Anna Ruth wears size 4 diapers.
*Sumner is wearing 2T in most pants, shorts, and shirts.  However, outfit sets or JonJons he is wearing 3t.  I was tickled when I tried on several of his 2t shortalls from last year and he was still able to wear them once Mrs. Latrelle let the buttons out!!!

Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
I absolutely love being your mama! I feel like I have two of the sweetest most loving children that ever existed.  I have been feeling down lately because it seems like you are both growing up so fast.  I have to keep praying for God to help me not dwell in the sad part of you growing up, and instead enjoy the present and focus on each special moment! I love you both as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!!!!!!

Love,
Mama







 


No comments:

Post a Comment