What's Happening Now?
- I know I said last month that I didn't think she would be crawling any time soon, but I was wrong. She started crawling when she was about 7 1/2 months old. Now she is a pro! Anna Ruth is crawling, standing, pulling up, walking while pushing stuff (Bumbo seat, large toys.)
- Her favorite things to get into are my photo albums under the coffee table and electrical cords. These are the things she hears "no, no" about.
- Everything goes straight to her mouth. Favorite thing to "eat" is paper. She can find a receipt or grocery list anywhere!!!
- Anna Ruth pretty much eats everything we eat. It started by me giving her peas and corn on her high chair tray and just letting her go at it, and boy was that fun! Ever since that day she hasn't liked pureed food anymore.
- I am much braver with letting her eat real food than I was with Sumner. Someone gave her a cracker at a restaurant and it scared me to death because I didn't think she could eat it. I was wrong, yet again. She loved it.
- She loves playing in her crib when we lay her down and when she wakes up.
- She loves watching Sumner do just about everything. He can always make her laugh.
- She still loves being "worn" in her carrier across my chest. Now that I am working from home, she spends a lot of time in it because she is so content in it and allows me to get work done. Which by the way, have I mentioned I LOVE MY NEW JOB! It is AWESOME! I love the people I work with, the families of the students I work with, and best of all, I love being home with my children. I cannot tell you how amazing it is to be able to fix their breakfast and lunch for them. Especially breakfast because that was usually the time in the morning I would be rushing out the door! Not anymore, and I thank GOD for this opportunity EVERY DAY (really, I do!)
- She has REALLY found her voice! She has learned making certain sounds (aka SCREECHES) gets the attention she wants!
- Still no teeth!
- Size 3 diapers (but we are about to move up.)
- Drinks about 4 bottles a day (5-7 oz. each.)
- She is definitely a mama's girl and I love it! She is SO loving and affectionate. She has started giving these slobbery kisses that I also love!
- She has learned the difference between familiar people and strangers. When someone she doesn't know tries to hold her she turns away or cries (with these pleading eyes to rescue her.)
- She wants to see me at all times. When I move out of her sight she gets upset and comes after me.
- She is VERY active. She cannot be still. She wants to jump if she is in your lap or she wants you to hold her hands and walk her around. She has a way of stiffening her legs and stretching them out if she thinks you are trying to set her down. It usually takes 3-4 attempts to actually get her booty on the floor.
- I packed up her swing, bath tub, Nap Nanny, bouncy seat, and floor play mat this month :(
- She takes a bath in the big bath tub with Sumner now.
Our Schedule Looks Something Like This:
- 7:30 Wake up and start the day. I fix them both breakfast, clean up, and we play a little bit.
- 8:30 I give Anna Ruth a bottle and she gets ready for a nap
- 9:00 Usually she takes a nap between 9-11. I use this time to get work done.
- 11:30 Anna Ruth gets another bottle.
- 12:00 I feed them both lunch.
- 2:00 Anna Ruth and Sumner usually take a nap between 2-4. Again, I do a lot of work during this time.
- 4:30 Anna Ruth gets another bottle.
- 5:00 We usually go for a walk/jog around the house.
- 6:00 Supper time!
- 6:30 Bath time!
- 7:00 Anna Ruth gets another bottle and is asleep by 7:30.
- 7:30 I read Sumner a book, say prayers, rock a little bit, and he is asleep by 8:00
Our days are pretty consistent and I love every minute of them! Also, Sumner usually goes and plays with his Poppy Tues.-Thurs. mornings. They have the best time. They ride the golf cart, feed the chickens, go and visit Matthew's Grandma, run errands, and basically just have a blast. When that doorbell rings, Sumner goes running through the house screaming, "Top, Top, Top" (for some reason that is what he calls him.) Usually one day a week the two of them meet YaYa (Mrs. Latrelle) for lunch! Then of Friday's, Sumner, Anna Ruth, Matthew, and I always go eat lunch together (usually Chikfila because its Sumner's favorite.)
What's Sumner up to?
What's Sumner up to?
- Sumner is going through a clingy stage. He only wants "mama" to read to him. He only wants "mama" feeding him. He only wants "mama" giving him his bath. Basically, he only wants "mama", and that is okay by me! :)
- He is getting at least 2 new teeth, possibly 4.
- Terrible 2's are going strong, but Matthew and I are doing the best we can at disciplining him the right way, teaching him the way he should act, and being consistent. We both pray a lot specifically for guidance on how to raise him!
- Sumner has started this new thing at night. Once I lay him down he reaches back up and wants me to hold his hand while he goes to sleep. So sweet!
- He loves dump trucks, dirt, boats, tires, trains, and tractors. He likes to count and sing his ABC's. He likes to pretend like he is in a space ship so he goes around chanting: pat, pat, pat, pat... BLAST OFF (he learned this from Little Einsteins on Disney Jr.!)
- He loves me being home with him. When I am working at the computer he comes and sits with me.
- He did not start 2 year old Preschool like we had planned. The whole point of me sending him to "school" was because I thought he would enjoy it. But since he is going through this clingy stage, I knew he would cry if I took him. Some may judge me for this and think I need to teach him now do be independent and my reply is and will always be HE IS TWO! In fact, he just turned two. He has the whole rest of his life to become independent and have structure of school. Being an elementary school teacher, I understand the need to break away a little before they start school, and believe me I will do that. However, I do not see the importance of rushing it. I don't think there is anything wrong with going to 2 year old Preschool. If Sumner shows interest in going, then I will sign him up. But until then, I am going to enjoy my baby being with me as much as possible. He gets a lot of exposure to learning, believe me! Everyone around him is constantly teaching him things. He also gets a lot of socialization at church and with our friends' children!
- Sumner is still doing FANTASTIC at using the potty without accidents!
Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
I have enjoyed watching both of you learn new things over the past few weeks. I have also loved watching your relationship with each other grow! I am so thankful for all of the time I get to spend with you. For as long as I can remember, I always wanted to be able to be home with my children when they were little, and be able to watch them grow, and to teach them things. God knew the desires of my heart, because I truly believe he instilled them in me, and he answered my prayers. Besides being a wife and mother, being able to stay home with you is the greatest blessing he has ever given me. I cannot wait to make so many special memories with you like I made with my mama when I was a little girl! I hope you always know how much I love you, and how special you are to me.
I love you as high as the sky, the ocean is deep, and more, and more, and more!
~Mama









No comments:
Post a Comment