Verse

Verse

Monday, May 12, 2014

My Mother's Day with my Precious Family



I had another sweet Mother's Day, thanks to my husband and children.  Matthew, Sumner, and Anna Ruth got me two, one hour long massages, cards, and candy.  We went to church at Midway.  Matthew's parents came too which was very nice.  The men of the church prepared lunch, so we stayed and enjoyed visiting with everyone.  After lunch we went to Matthew's Nana's house.  On our way home we stopped back by my mama's house and she surprised me with a Pandora charm of a teddy bear holding a pink ribbon, in honor of Anna Ruth.  She bought me a with a blue ribbon last Mother's Day. It was truly a special day. 

Being a mother is not something I take for granted.  I am reminded each and every day how blessed I am to have not one, but two beautiful children.  Ever since I was a little girl, my dream was to grow up and become a wife and mother.  Sometimes I literally have to pinch myself at how my life has turned out better than what I could have ever imagined.  Not because I have everything in the world, but because the things I do have include people who love me unconditionally and a God who gave his only son to die so I could be saved. 

This whole parenting/wife thing is a lot harder than I realized when I use to dream about it as a child.  I want so badly to get it right, but unfortunately I have made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes along the way.  All I can do is pray each and every day (and several times a day) for God's guidance and protection.  I pray that Matthew, Sumner, and Anna Ruth always know how much I love them. 

I get so emotional at the thought of my babies growing up.  I don't think that will ever change.  At night when I rock Sumner, my mind goes back to when he was Anna Ruth's age.  It is hard to believe he will be two years old in just a few weeks.  His body which use to be so small, now stretches down my legs when I hold him.  Same thing goes with Anna Ruth.  She is almost five months old and I feel like I was pregnant with her yesterday.  I love every minute I spend with my family.  There is nowhere I would rather be than with them.  They are my world.  My prayer for my babies is that they will grow up to accept the Lord as their personal Lord and Savior, that they will be surrounded by Christian influences, that they will be happy and healthy, that they will follow God's perfect will for their lives, and that they will find the spouse God made for them. 


This song brings tears to my eyes.  It reminds me of mama.  I never knew how hard her job was until I became a mother.  After Sumner was born, my relationship with her changed because I had a glimpse of how she really feels about me.  It also reminds me of my babies.  No matter what the future holds.  No matter where life takes my children.  They will always be my babies.
 In My Eyes: http://youtu.be/YospouyyVUc
 







No comments:

Post a Comment