I went for my 20 week appointment August 12th. Dr. Jordan did my "detailed" ultrasound and said everything looked just as it should, praise the Lord. For me, I get nervous before this ultrasound because I know he will be looking at the major parts. I know it can't pick up everything, but at least for what he is trained to find, everything was fine. I give God all the glory for his blessings. He did say I had an anterior placenta which just means the placenta is in the front. Normally this is no big deal, but since I have to have a c-section again, it just means he will have to monitor the position of the placenta very carefully when I get closer to having her to make sure he doesn't cut anything that shouldn't be cut.
How is mama feeling? Great! My only complaint is my lower back. It has been hurting so I've treated it with the heating pad and warm baths. It got so bad last weekend that we thought I was having contractions. Dr. Jordan checked my cervix and said everything was fine. He told me if it happened again to go to the hospital just in case. I am beginning to show my baby bump which is exciting! Trying to find cute clothes to fit, not so exciting! But, it is worth it, no doubt about it! Maternity clothes never fit right with Sumner. In fact, I bought a lot, but never wore any of them. I figure it will be that way this time too so I ordered a lot of non-maternity dresses online last week that have an empire waist. I love them! They will for sure get me at least through the rest of these hot months. In south Georgia, who knows when those hot months will end. I gained 4 pounds since my last visit bringing the grand total to 7 pounds so far!
Getting ready for baby: Things were going very well before I went back to work. Suddenly, they have come to a halt. We have got to get busy. We did pick out a crib and it should arrive any day! I have an idea of what I want her room to look like but haven't totally picked out bedding and stuff. We did decide to move Sumner from his room into the guest room. The guest room is bigger, so it will have room for his crib, plus a bed for company (aka my mama when she stays.) Hopefully we will get his new room painted in the next month so we can move him in and get busy on the new baby's room! It is so sad we keep calling her "the new baby", because we have not decided on a name yet. However, we narrowed it down to Anna Ruth, Marybella, and Kennedy. Maybe we will make a final decision SOON!
These final months will probably fly since I am back to work. I can't believe there are only four left! I can't wait to meet her! Life is so good right now being a mama to Sumner that I just cannot imagine how it can get any better! I can't wait to see!


No comments:
Post a Comment