Verse

Verse

Monday, July 15, 2013

Gender Reveal

July 13, 2013 Matthew, myself, Sumner, Matthew's parents, and my parents went to "The Bump" in Valdosta to find out the gender of our newest miracle.  Our appointment was at 9:30.  Matthew's parents rode with us and my parents met us there.  The minute the lady started our ultrasound she gave us the disappointing news that the baby's umbilical cord was in between its legs, making it difficult to see anything.  Luckily, she was a very patient and diligent person so she took an extra long time.  I was only suppose to get a 20 minute ultrasound and she looked for over 40 minutes.  By the end of the ultrasound she said she was over 90% certain she knew the gender... she said we would be having a little GIRL! 

We were all thrilled, especially the grandparents!  To be honest, I would have been happy either way!  Matthew and I want more children so It wasn't like I felt as though this was only shot at having a daughter, because lets face it, what mother doesn't want a daughter! I know I did.  But at the same time I love having a son and it would be fun having two so close in age.  Therefore, I didn't have a preference.  I would be happy either way!

After the ultra sound we all went to Cheddar's to eat lunch.  After lunch, my parents went back to Moultrie.  Matthew, myself, Sumner, Mr. Charles, and Mrs. Latrelle also went to Gander Mountain, Marble Slab Creamery, and Toads and Teacups (Mrs. Latrelle bought the new baby her first new dress.) 

When we got home I took pictures of Sumner with the two bears.  I wanted to use them somehow so I decided I would let him posing with the bears be a way I could announce the gender to the rest of our friends and family. 

We had a wonderful day!  I am so excited about having a daughter!  I can't wait for all the fun times I have ahead of me!  God is good and we feel so very blessed! 








No comments:

Post a Comment