This has been a big month for us because Sumner went to his pediatric gastrologist in Macon and he gave us the go ahead to introduce Sumner to milk. So, we went to his allergy doctor in Albany the next week so he could do a milk challenge on him. They wanted to introduce him to milk in the office in case he had some sort of a bad reaction. We spent the whole day in the office which was rough. However, it was all worth it because Sumner did not have any reaction at all. He is now drinking regular milk and loves it! Mama and daddy like it too because we are no longer having to buy $54 per can formula by the case load!
Sumner has learned so much over the past month. I swear he understands EVERYTHING people say to him. I can tell him just about anything and he does it. He tries to talk back and I guess technically he does, but it still sounds a bit jibberish. One of my favorite things that he has started doing is hugging and kissing on us! Its especially sweet when he gives us a hug and you say "squeeze me" and he makes the sweetest sound and squeezes you with all his might.
Another new thing this month is that he has developed major separation anxiety. Whenever I try to leave him in the church nursery or at the YMCA child watch he cries and cries. They deal with him pretty good at church but I just can't take him to the child care at the YMCA anymore with him that upset. Luckily, he doesn't act upset when I leave him with familiar people like his grandparents or his Mimi (who keeps him when I work.) I must admit that even though I hate to see him upset, it does make me feel good to actually see how much he loves me!
Sumner still weighs about 23 pounds, wears 12-18 month clothes, is in size 4 diapers, takes two naps a day, drinks 18 oz. milk per day, loves water and bananas, goes to bed around 7:30 and wakes up around 6:30, and is still the apple of all our eyes!
Dear Sumner,
This has been such a fun month. I've loved seeing all the new things you are learned. As each day passes I love you more and more. Your daddy and I were just talking a few days ago about how we ever made it without you! You are so special to us and it would be impossible to love you more!
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mommy




No comments:
Post a Comment