Verse

Verse

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sumner's First Haircut

I know you are supposed to wait until babies are a year old to get their first haircut, but Sumner just could not wait that long. His hair was in his face and driving him and me crazy.

 

Tuesday, March 19th, Matthew, Mr. Charles, and myself took him to Style Masters and Ashley Eure gave him his very first haircut. By the way, it turned out great and it made him look even cuter than ever!
Before getting his haircut, they met me at school and we went to have his 9 month pictures taken with Jill Stringfellow. I am so glad Mr. Charles was able to be involved in both events. I was not sure how Sumner would act, but he did surprisingly well, He sat in my lap and I fed him a bottle to help him sit still. At first, you could tell he nervous and wanted to keep his eye on Ashley. Once we gave him his bottle he relaxed and let Ashley give him a very good haircut. He even let her use the clippers around his ears!

Once it was over, I can't lie, I felt sad because it was just another step proving he was growing up. That night when I gave him his bath, I held back tears because I didn't feel all of the hair as I did the night before. Even the next morning when I went to get him out of the crib, I got choked up as soon as I saw him standing there because he didn't look the same. Regardless of how I felt, he needed it done. I know it wasn't comfortable having all of that hair in his eyes, over his ears, and down his neck. I am sure he will need another one soon!

 
 


 
VIDEOS
 

No comments:

Post a Comment