Verse

Verse

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sumner's First Valentine's Day

Sumner's First Valentine Card

Valentine's Day had a new meaning this year because of my sweet Valentine, Sumner. Valentine's Day is supposed to be a special day to show the people in your life how much you love them and how much you appreciate them. I am very blessed because every day I have a husband, son, mama, daddy, siblings, in-laws, and grandparents who shower me with love and affection every day, not just on Valentine's Day. Especially Matthew, he expresses his love for me daily! I don't know of any other man out there that truly loves spending time with his wife and child as he does. He loves doing simple things like grocery shopping with me, sitting and talking while I take a bath, going with me to take Sumner to the doctor, going on walks, basically anything just to spend time with me and Sumner. I know I take it for granted.


Sumner's first Valentine's Day was pretty simple. February 14th fell on a week day this year. A Thursday to be exact! I made homemade Valentine cards for Matthew, my parents, and Matthew's parents. I used Sumner's footprints to make them even more personal than they already were. Along with a handmade card, each grandparent got a box of candy. I also gave my mama and Matthew's mama a small little gift.
Grandparents' gifts

We bought Sumner a Valentine book called "Where is Baby's Valentine?" It is a "peek-a-boo" type book. Each page asks a question like "Is baby's valentine behind the blanket?" and you lift the blanket and it isn't there until the end. Sumner LOVED the book because his new favorite thing is peek-a-boo or opening a shutting things. This book does both!
Sumner's gift



For Matthew, I bought the book "The Duck Commander Family." I wasn't sure if he would like it or not because he normally doesn't like to read, but he is really enjoying it. He reads some every night. I plan to read it after he gets finished. Matthew also got a yearlong subscription to a hunting magazine he likes. This gift was from Sumner :)
Matthew's gifts

I told Matthew I DID NOT want ANY chocolate... I should have made myself a bit clearer and said NO CANDY AT ALL, because instead of chocolate he bought me a HUGE bag of gummy bears. He also gave me a sweet card from him, and a sweet card from "Sumner". To top if off, he gave me two rocking chairs for my front porch. He said one was from him and the other was from Sumner!

We did not go out to eat, but our sweet MiMi (who keeps Sumner) made us a delicious Valentine's Day meal! Matthew was happy because I rarely ever fry anything, and she made fried pork chops. They were awesome!

Again, I am so thankful for my life and everyone in it for making me feel like it is Valentine's Day all year long. I am also thankful to have added a new "Valentine" this year. Sumner is the sweetest Valentine in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment