Sumner has changed so much in the past six months. Being a first time "mommy" I didn't realize how fast babies change. When I brought him home from the hospital I could not even imagine him being so energetic and strong. I remember how he use to just lay on his changing table. The only movements he made were kicking his arms and legs randomly and stretching. Now when I lay him on the changing table he squirms, rolls over to his tummy, and even sits up occasionally. Its incredible. Same goes for him baths. He use to just lay there with this look of horror in his eyes. Now he kicks, splashes. and laughs. We even moved the cushion out of his tub in the past month. When I use to get him out of the bath he would cry and his hands would go straight to his mouth. Again, he looked like he was nervous or scared. I also remember he looked like a bi-racial baby because his hair was dark and kinky and his skin was so dark. He doesn't cry anymore when his baths are over and he no longer appears nervous about what is about to happen to him. He knows the routine... next comes pj's, bottle, and bed. He use to sleep in his nap nanny at night. Now he is in his crib. You never know where you will find him in the mornings, either. He goes all over the place. We are going to lower the matress soon because he can reach his mobile and video camera. His little feet hang over the swing now too. We have't used it in a while and have talked about taking it down... I just haven't been able to take that big step yet. The first time we put him in his car seat, it just about swallowed him. Now, I worry how much longer he will fit in it. I know it says it can go up to 30 lbs, but he is looks so squished in it! The first toy I ever bought him was an activity mat. I remember the first time we layed him on it. Now, we took the mat part off and he sits up to it and plays on the piano.
Then and Now Pictures
BATH TIME
PLAY MAT
CAR SEAT
CHANGING TABLE
BOTTLE
SHOPPING
DR. GRIFFIN'S OFFICE
CRIB
Sumner has been busy the past month. A lot of changes. For starters, I am back to work and he stays at home with his MeMe! She is wonderful. She is responsible for another major change in my precious son... SLEEP! Before she started keeping him he woke up at least once every night and never took naps. Now, he sleeps through the night (7:30-6:00) and takes two good naps a day! This has made him a different baby completely He use to be a bit on the fussy side, but not anymore! Its amazing what a little sleep will do for a baby... and his parents! In the past month, Sumner celebrated his first Thanksgiving, tried peas, and increased his formula to 7 oz! He can sit up very good now, too! I still put pillows around him just in case he falls over. He can grab things and hold on to them now... hair, earrings, pacifier, and the balls to his new dinosaur!
He is also really good at recognizing his bottle. If he spots it he starts whining until you give it to him. When it gets close to his mouth he opens up wide and waits eagerly! We bought him a walker, too. We put it on the lowest level, and he can move forward somewhat, but has moving backwards down pat!
We went and had his 6 month pics taken on the actual day of his 6 month "birthday" and Jill could not believe how good he did on his tummy. She says she thinks he will be crawling by Christmas. In the past week he has gotten very good at pushing up on his arms to the point they are fully extended and actually pulling his knees in completely
He just hasn't put two and two together that if he keeps it up he will actually move somewhere! He is still toothless! I've been thinking he was teething since he was 2 months old because of the gnawing and drooling, but I've been wrong! I read somewhere that the longer they wait to get teeth the better! I hope so! He is making new sounds too! When he cries it sounds just like he is saying maaamaaa! :) I know he isn't really saying mama, but it makes my heart skip a beat none the less!
Sumner has developed new interests this month, too... cell phones, textures, and rubbing his head! The rubbing his head things is very funny because Matthew does the same thing 24/7. He is constantly rubbing this certain spot on the top of his head. Its a habit I think. When I drive behind him on the road I can see his arm propped up and he is scratching/rubbing his head. Now, Sumner looks just like him doing it!
WE HAVE A SCHEDULE! YAY!
6:00 am Wake up, change diaper, watch mama get ready to go to work
7:00 MeMe arrives and feeds me a bottle. After bottle, sit in saucer and play.
8:00-9 or 9:30 First nap
9:30-11 Play
11:00 Bottle
11:30-12:30 Play
12:30-2:30 Second nap
2:30-3:30 Play or ride the golf cart with Pops
3:30 Bottle
4:00-5:00 Mama gets home so we play. If Katie Thompson is off work, we go to the track in Omega.
5:00-6:00 Third nap
6:00-7:30 Play with mama and daddy
7:30 Bath, bottle, prayers, bedtime
We go for Sumner's 6 month wellness visit on December 28th. I cannot wait to talk to Dr. Griffen about what foods he can and cannot eat. He still does not eat baby food because of his food allergies. The one time I fed him peas, he appeared to have an allergy to it.... I am praying he doesn't. I am also excited to see how tall he is and how much he weighs! I will post an update after his visit! But, I can tell you he is a big boy! He is wearing 9 month clothes, size 3 diapers, and size 3 shoes!
UPDATE ON VISIT: 27 inches long and 18.1 lbs.














No comments:
Post a Comment