Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it. Psalm 127:1
Verse
Friday, February 17, 2017
Anna Ruth's Big Girl Bed
Anna Ruth transitioned from her crib to her new bed on February 11, 2017 (about 2 months after she turned 3.)
The first night she fell off, so we immediately ordered rails. Unfortunately they took 3 days to arrive. In the meantime, we put pillows down on the floor. The second night was even crazier. I'll let me Facebook post explain:
Y'all..... There's a reason I like to keep my children in their cribs for as long as I can... They just need to be in a contained space for as long as possible.
Yesterday we took down Anna Ruth's crib and put up a twin bed. Tonight I thought I had experienced every parent's worse nightmare.
I went into her room to put her laundry away. When I walked in the only light was the light from her nightlight. I look at her bed and she isn't there. I look on the floor of both sides of her bed and don't see her. I turn on the light assuming I just can't see in the dark (only a little bit of panic setting in at this time). Lights on and still no sign of her. So then full panic sets in. I scream for Matthew who comes flying in as I'm yelling that Anna Ruth is gone. He takes the covers off the bed and moves all the pillows off the floor (we put pillows around her bed in case she fell off) and she is still no where in sight. I'm hollering her name (hysterically) and nothing. I look in every room. Nothing. After what seemed like an eternity (we really did look for her, yelling her name for at least 3 minutes) Matthew gets the bright idea to pull up her bedskirt (which is perfectly in place) to find her sleeping UNDER THE BED (very center) like she's never slept before in her life. How in the world she slept through my hysterical behavior is unknown. And how/why she got under the bed in the very middle without messing up the bedskirt is also a mystery.
So, after we find her, I'm still panicking because she just isn't acting right. Matthew's trying so hard to get her to wake up and she won't. She's breathing/snoring but just won't wake up. He's talking to her, shaking her, and all she will do is look at him and fall right back to sleep. Matthew is certain she's fine, just exhausted, but I'm not convinced so I do the only thing my mama instinct tells me to do... I ask her "Anna Ruth, do you want a jellybean?" That child's head shot up and the fastest "yes" came out of her mouth with the biggest grin to match. All I could do then was laugh and breathe a sigh of relief. By the time I got back with her 1 jellybean she was out like a light again.
Y'all it was scary not knowing where she was. It didn't seem possible that someone had taken her but that fear was still there. Or the fear of her suffocating. Praise the Lord she is fine!
Needless to say we ordered bed rails which will be here Tuesday and she'll be sleeping with us until then.
She always loved for me to lay in her crib with her.
Last night in her crib.
First night in her new bed.
Sleeping in her new bed.
After she fell out of the bed, daddy slept with her the rest of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment