Verse

Verse

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Anna Ruth Turns Three

     Sweet Anna Ruth turned 3 years old on December 19th, 2016. The morning of her birthday we surprised her with streamers and a banner when she woke up. I made her Mickey Mouse waffles for breakfast. For lunch that day Uncle David invited us to go to the office to have pizza. He surprised her with a birthday cake. That night we were supposed to have our family over to have cake and eat supper. However Anna Ruth and Sumner got sick that afternoon so I had to take them to the doctor. Both kids had ear infections and Sumner tested positive for the flu. Needless to say the family birthday party had to be postponed. We ended up having them over again for cake several nights later once she was feeling better. For her birthday she received a pair of fur boots from Papa which she loved. We bought her a really nice baby doll car seat and stroller that looks just like the real thing. Yaya and Top bought her a doll house. DD bought her a phone VTech Pony toy.

     This year Anna Ruth asked for a Skye birthday party. We had her party at Dream it Gymnastics on January 7th. This is the first birthday that she really understood what was going on and has been so excited about it. She carried her invitation around everywhere and asked everyone she saw "Did you get an invitation to my party?" The party was a lot of fun. She had the time of her life playing and running and jumping around. Sometimes I think I should have named her "Joy" because she really does have  joy all over her face.

Dear Anna Ruth, 

You are such a blessing to us.  I can't remember what life was like before you.  You are so sweet, but also a little of the feisty side.  I definitely don't have to worry about anyone running over you.  You love me so much and it shows.  I pray we always have a very close and special relationship.  You are also very smart.  You have an incredible memory.  You know how to count past twenty.  You can just about count by tens to one hundred (you usually mess up once.) You have a wide vocabulary. You know all of your letters and sounds. You also know all of your shapes (even the ones that are less common such as pentagon, crescent, and diamond.) You are also so aware of what is going on around you.  When you're playing and concentrating on something and I am talking on the phone or with another person in the room, you chime in and say "who did ___?" or "what is she talking about?" and it shocks me because you didn't even appear to be paying attention.  You are hilarious.  I cannot really say it any plainer that that.  You have everyone in stitches when they are around you.  Your humor and wittiness is already so prevalent.    You are a daddy's girl, too.  I can already see you working this to your advantage. :)  You love your brother "aka your Bubba or your Buddy!" Y'all play together so well.  You love to eat!  You are a junk food junkie!  If I let you, you would eat chips and skittles all day.  Obviously, I do not let you do that, so chips and skittles are occasional treats.  You do love fruit (especially strawberries, blueberries, grapes, and bananas.) You also like applesauce.  Your favorite breakfast food is oatmeal (oatmilk as you call it.) You also enjoy spaghetti, meatloaf, eggs, and green beans, cheese, pb&j sandwiches, and french fries.) You do not like bell peppers.  I add them to a lot of my meals, and you find every one and pick it out.  You love to sing, play with you baby dolls (you are such a good little mommy), riding your Barbie Jeep, jumping on the trampoline, and swinging!  You love to play like you are a teacher.  You go to a little 2 year old preschool and you come home acting like Mrs. Shelly every day.  You boss your stuffed animals and baby dolls around every night before you go to sleep.  You are prissy!!!! When you walk, you shake your hips.  When you talk, you shake your head and use your hands to speak.  I pray I never forget these precious details about you.  You surely are one of a kind and I am so very thankful that God chose me to be your mama.  My prayer is that I will be the mother He wants me to be and you will grow up to accept Him as his personal Lord at an early age and follow Him all the days of your life.  I love you Anna Ruth. So much more than you will ever know.  Happy Birthday!

I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!

Love,
Mama





Last birthday waking up in your crib





Birthday party at Uncle David's office







Birthday doll given to me by my Mee-Maw and Pee-Paw
Skye Party














No comments:

Post a Comment