Verse

Verse

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Anna Ruth 2 Years and 2 Months/Sumner 3 Years and 8 months

It has been two months since I wrote an update about my two precious children, so I thought it was time for an update. Not much has changed since the last update, but I still want to be sure to write about things they are doing every so often so I will always remember. 

Anna Ruth
     Anna Ruth, you started calling me by my real name.  You don't do it all the time, just when you really want to get my attention.  I love hearing you yell "Mannnnaaa!" One morning you woke me up to "Twinkle, Twinkle little star, Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so, Ba Ba Blacksheep have you any wool, yes sir, yes sir, three bags full, mama!, MOMMY! MMMAANNNDDDDAA!!!" It was so funny, you never skipped a beat!  You go to bed every night and wake up every morning singing and talking up a storm!
     You have also started saying "What? What you say?" when you hear someone say something you don't like (as if to get a different answer the second time) or if you just need clarification.  I am trying to teach you to say "ma'am" instead, because it is more polite. :)
     You are so very confident! I am thankful for this characteristic in you, and I pray it is something that sticks with you your whole life (as long as it is confident that is sweet and targeted towards the right things.) You can be a tad on the bossy side.  You and Sumner have really started tying up lately, but at the same time you both love each other so much and play so well together.  One day I helped keep the nursery at church.  I overheard you leading the other kids in the room in a game.  They all just listened to you and did what you said.  It was amazing.  You weren't mean about it, but you were sure of yourself and they all followed along.  I also heard from another nursery worker a different night that you sang your ABC's to everyone in the nursery and when you finished you requested everyone to clap for you.  You looked around the room to make sure everyone was clapping.  When you realized she wasn't looking you walked to her. patted her hands (in an effort to get her to put her phone down), told her to "stop", and then told her to "clap!"
     I took you to get your toenails painted recently.  I wasn't sure how that would go since you are scared of strangers and have a hard time sitting still.  To my surprise you did great and loved it! You sat all by yourself and waited patiently.  I let you pick out your own polish color.  Well sort of.... At first you picked out a blue, and I helped change your mind to a pink.  It was a flashy pink, not one I would have picked, but it was what you liked! :)
     I want to point out something on the medical side in case I haven't mentioned it before.  When you were one we found out you had low iron.  Your doctor said it could probably be resolved by taking a multi-vitamin with iron.  You are on that now and it has helped your iron levels come up, but are border line.  If it doesn't go up in the next 6 months you may have to be put on a prescription iron medicine.
    
     Sumner

     Sumner, you are so incredibly smart!  Right now you can count past 100.  I'm not sure how far you can count because by the time you get to about 115 you say you are tired and want to stop.  You are spelling and reading many words all by yourself.  You love playing with your letters and exploring with the many words you can make.
     You had strep throat recently, and just like always you were such a trooper.  A note to your future wife- don't let him fool you, he is capable of being sick and functioning, too! HAHA! We all know men are known for acting completely helpless with something as little as a common cold. Well Sumner has always been able to have a 103 degree temperature and keep playing as if nothing is wrong! 
     You love school!  You talk about Owen, Aiden, and Keagan when I ask you who you played with each day.  Also, when I ask what you did at school you say "I played and played and played!"
     You love building things with Legos and blocks! You are so gifted with the ability to create things and use your imagination.  I love getting on the floor and building with you!
    You are becoming quite the helper at church.  It is neat seeing how you watch and learn without us even noticing.  One Sunday I saw you walking down the aisles and shaking hands just like daddy.  You also like holding the hymnal and singing like the grownups.  You have even started helping daddy pass out bulletins.
     You are so sweet, kind, an easy going.  I cannot wait to see what God has in store for your life.  At night, I have started laying down with you instead of rocking you.  This is because Anna Ruth has started staying in the room with us the entire time we read and say prayers.  After our prayers I tuck you in, then go to Anna Ruth's room and sing her a few songs and tuck her in.  Then I come back to your room and lay with you for a little bit.  When I start to get up you say "one more time!" so I always have to lay down "one more time."  Sometimes you put your arm around my neck and randomly say "I love you so much!" and my heart melts.  Occasionally you do ask me to rock you so we get up and rock.  I know that time is coming to an end and it breaks my heart, but I just have to remind myself of all the things I have to look forward to!

Life with Both of You
-You love to play together!  One of your favorite things to play is "birthday party."  Y'all do this by setting up a tea party in Anna Ruth's room with her table and kitchen.  Y'all have this pretend pie that is your cake.  Y'all put a spoon in the middle of the pie aka cake and pretend like it's your candle.  You even hang an oven mit on her dresser and pretend those are balloons.  Y'all celebrate many different birthdays a day and sing to everyone you know.
     Even though y'all can argue sometimes, y'all still play together so well.  I honestly don't know how either of you could have lived without the other one.  I know one thing, life would be a lot more boring!
     We went bowling for the first time recently, and had a lot of fun!  DD. Walter, and Papa went with us.  You both loved it and are ready to go back!
     Both of you have started using time in sentences.  For example, if I say it is time for a bath you both say "5 more minutes" or "2 more minutes."  When someone asks you when you are coming over to see them you say things like "in 2 more days." It's really cute because in reality you do not have concept of time yet.  You are just repeating what you have heard us say!
  

Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth.
 I cannot believe how fast your are growing up.  Everyone said it would happen as fast as I blinked, and they were right.  And the sad part is the more time passes, the faster it seems to go.  I can honestly say I am enjoying every second of watching you grow (even though it makes me sad, I know I can't do anything about it.) I love you both so very much and pray for you two 100 times a day every day!  I am so glad God chose me to be your mama!
I love you both as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more!!! 
Love,
Mama










No comments:

Post a Comment